Miscellaneous Rumbles

Got this for my shop

Festool Midi. Should handle my dust collection needs for now. Hepa filters and quiet. I just think of all the years I never worried too much about sawdust. Cleanup was with a Craftsman shop vac that scattered the fine harmful particles.

Will suck most of the dust right from the tool. Works as a shop vac for cleanup afterward. Also going to put a low CFM fan in the shop that vents outside to create some negative pressure.

Good deal. It's important to protect yourself from all of the wood dust.

Sawdust is man glitter.

Actually, some sawdust is really bad for your health. Better safe than sorry.

What's wrong with sawdust?

Love the smell of it, don't like it in my eyes.

I have a Festool Midi Dust Extractor which connects directly to several (Festool) tools -- orbital sander, jig saw, track saw, router, tenon joiner.....

It is simply The Best for removing dust -- especially for sanding operations. I have about 4 years logged with mine and would grade it "Dust Free" (my wife agrees). One of the many things I like is that, when connected, turning on the tool automatically starts the dust extractor.

Festool products are VERY expensive but they are light years ahead of the competition. One can only appreciate their performance and quality through hands-on experience. I've been a cabinet maker & furniture builder for about 40 years and have a ton of experience to support my opinions in this area.

Excellent addition to your shop. When it comes to safety, you really can't ask if you can afford to do it, but can you afford not to? You can't regrow damaged lungs, eyes, etc.

I have a Festool Midi Dust Extractor which connects directly to several (Festool) tools -- orbital sander, jig saw, track saw, router, tenon joiner.....

It is simply The Best for removing dust -- especially for sanding operations. I have about 4 years logged with mine and would grade it "Dust Free" (my wife agrees). One of the many things I like is that, when connected, turning on the tool automatically starts the dust extractor.

Festool products are VERY expensive but they are light years ahead of the competition. One can only appreciate their performance and quality through hands-on experience. I've been a cabinet maker & furniture builder for about 40 years and have a ton of experience to support my opinions in this area.

– senojnad

Great advice Dan. Too bad you aren't local to me as I'd have you build the combo cabinet to house my Bandmaster Reverb head's guts and JBL D130F 15" speaker. Close as I can get to your Standel 25L15!

Festool you can't have only one. A bit like Gretsch. . . .

I drank the Festool Koolaid years ago!I have a Cleantec 36 vacuum, the 1400 router ,the TS75 saw,the Domino 500, the MFT table and scads of bits and pieces. It's a fantastic system once you get over the prices! I did a stint as a finish carpenter and my boss had at least 2 of EVERYTHING they made. We worked in banks and hospitals a lot and that's where I learned the true value of these products for their dust collection benefits. I know ,I sound like a shill for the stuff ,but it is the best I've owned

Register Sign in to join the conversation