Miscellaneous Rumbles

Got snow?

Cut a path to my wood pile. Snow sucks.

4 or 5". not impressive to a native of Chicago, but a Big Deal in Central Virginia. the only bad part was that i picked my gf up when she was released from hospital with pneumonia and had to drive most of the 40-mile trip in 2nd gear i.e. 25 MPH or less. but having driven in far worse conditions for a decade, i knew what to do.

Yikes, UG! Bet you got a workout doing that. I heard you guys were getting nailed up in your part of PA. It's finally tapered off here in SE PA. Guessing about 8-10" so far. It's super heavy stuff. I've held off snow-blowing, but will be doing that tomorrow- if the machine can handle it. Be careful out there everyone!

No. They're talking about a 12 month season for wildfires here in central California. I've lived here for over half a century and it's too dry.

That's what I love about living in middle Tennessee-- except for rare occasions (usually no more than once a year), It's an inch or two of snow overnight, which makes for beautiful scenery. Then it's pretty much melted off by the next afternoon.

As a matter of fact, we had an inch fall last night, but it didn't stick to the streets. It was all gone by 3pm today.

Our usual winter nemesis is freezing rain, "wintery mix" and ice. A much worse recipe for hazardous problems than just plain ol' snow-- it's the overnight re-freeze that's the worst.

Wish I were still snowboarding. Epic dump last week, up to 60” at the top of the local Sierras.

30" here, 18" of which was heavy wet stuff. Exhausting and beautiful.

9" here in northern Indiana. Heavy wet stuff that the snow blower doesn't like. We're 106 miles from Chicago, pretty much due south. It's always heavier east of Lake Michigan. The bottom drops out of the thermometer later in the week.

9" here in northern Indiana. Heavy wet stuff that the snow blower doesn't like. We're 106 miles from Chicago, pretty much due south. It's always heavier east of Lake Michigan. The bottom drops out of the thermometer later in the week.

– wabash slim

106 miles to Chicago? So you're one of the Blues Brothers?

106 miles to Chicago? So you're one of the Blues Brothers?

– Tartan Phantom

Grew up watching WGN, It's my favorite big city---they can actually pronounce my name there. I've got family there, and the accent to go with it.

22 inches here in the Lehigh Valley, eastern PA. Not a record, but it is a LOT of snow. It is gorgeous but the work......... We are in the process of moving to a new home so I have TWO driveways to clear out, etc........

We've got almost 2 feet so far, still snowing (NW NJ)

I went out to blow 3 times yesterday, will have to go out twice today, and it'll likely take over an hour JUST to get the end of the driveway clear, from the snowplows.

– Don Birchett

Talk to me in august when you're cooking your breakfast on the sidewalk.

S. Indiana is mostly like what Tartan Phantom had. I'm okay with that.

I'm too old to like snow and ice. I bust my ass in it more than enjoy it anymore.

I already told our kids yesterday what their plans for today will be once done with virtual school.

Nah, I don't do snow. Nope.

– Bonedaddy

This reminds me of why a friend moved to Texas. He said “You can’t shovel sunshine.”

Yeah, Baba, but having lived in Houston most of my life I can tell you you can swim through your own sweat in Texas!

Yeah, Baba, but having lived in Houston most of my life I can tell you you can swim through your own sweat in Texas!

– razzer10_4

Ah, I live in Florida. Cry, I mean, sweat me a river...

Really though it's not that bad.

It doesn't matter if there's snow or not. It's been so cold and windy, I look like Bernie on inauguration day when I go outside.

It doesn't matter if there's snow or not. It's been so cold and windy, I look like Bernie on inauguration day when I go outside.

– Suprdave

Winter's not about a fashion show---it's about survival.
I'd rather be warm than trendy. Bernie obviously knows how to deal with the cold.

Well, got the paths done in the backyard for the dogs, so they've both been out now... pretty sad when the highlight of your day is the dogs going out to do their business... because then you don't have to worry about them for awhile...

Still have to go do the driveway, and I'll likely have to repeat this whole thing once more later....

Well, got the paths done in the backyard for the dogs, so they've both been out now... pretty sad when the highlight of your day is the dogs going out to do their business... because then you don't have to worry about them for awhile...

Still have to go do the driveway, and I'll likely have to repeat this whole thing once more later....

– ruger9

Kids made a snowman yesterday. First time we/ve had enough snow to do so. Stupid dog barks at it every time he goes out now.

Register Sign in to join the conversation