Miscellaneous Rumbles

Goodwill Find

Goodwill is a for profit organization it's not a charity although someone ended up with a 1935 Martin 00-18 with hardshell case for $50.00.

That slipped through the cracks...

I know it's impossible, but someone with more awareness should review and price special items before they are put out for sale. Even route them to dealers were possible for consignment.

Not the first time, and a bit dishonest if the buyer knew better.

Goodwill is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit.

That slipped through the cracks...

I know it's impossible, but someone with more awareness should review and price special items before they are put out for sale. Even route them to dealers were possible for consignment.

Not the first time, and a bit dishonest if the buyer knew better.

Goodwill is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit.

– Twangmeisternyc

How did I get that wrong, oh well consider me corrected.

I agree totally dishonest if it was being bought from an individual but when my customer was arguing with the people at Goodwill that it's worth at least a gee wiz they told him they don't have time for his crap.

Then it’s possible you built my gazebo.

When we rebuilt our home in Northern Delaware we had Mennonite Crews do all the drywall and then the French doors and Bay windows...great work, fair price, no mess, quick.

My kind of Contractors!

Our GC's right hand man was Mennonite, too.

When we rebuilt our home in Northern Delaware we had Mennonite Crews do all the drywall and then the French doors and Bay windows...great work, fair price, no mess, quick.

My kind of Contractors!

Our GC's right hand man was Mennonite, too.

– Twangmeisternyc

Amish, Mennonites, and German Baptists (all loosely related) work all over Indiana. Many work in the trailer and motor home factories in Elkhart. There's even a group of Swiss Amish here, and they speak a different dialect than the German groups. Many are in the local construction trades as carpenters. With limited land (usually goes to the eldest son) and large families, carpentry is one of the few options they have. They are well known for quality work.

Is it available? I'd be willing to give 10 times what he paid.

A few years back my family and I were out in a beach town in So Cal walking around and saw a little second hand store.. It was an old converted house and had things for sale in every room. In a closet in the bedroom I saw a 1965 Martin 0-18 with a $45.00 price tag on it which I quickly grabbed. Very tight little Guitar. It DOES happen.

Wow that was someone’s lucky day. What shape was it in? Doesn’t look half bad in the photos

flip it? h*ck that!

– macphisto

It's vintage and probably has good value but it's too plain looking for my liking. I always refer to Martins as designed by the Amish...no sense of style or beauty.

Flip it and make a few shekels.

Quite the opposite of one Salvation Army in Brooklyn I visited recently, teeming with overpriced garbage instruments, including an LP copy worth maybe 80 bucks that was priced at $1K.

Wow! I peruse that site daily but missed that. I’m surprised it went so cheap

All it needs is a bridge reset and some strings. Neck angle is good and I'll swipe the frets a bit.

It had just arrived at the local store and they said it wasn't good enough to add to their online store.

I checked the data base for stolen guitars and searched model, name and serial number, no hits.

Is it available? I'd be willing to give 10 times what he paid.

– Billy Zoom

I would too but he's a local musician that was looking for a small acoustic for gigs.

son of a....... I'd have peed myself.

Wow! That's an incredible score! A little weird for sure, but still an incredible score!

Probably worthwhile once all complete and wonderful to mention to your customer to consider sending them a Cash donation during the Holidays...

And to think I get excited finding a 46R vintage blazer at Goodwill! A Martin is an outa this world score!

Ahhh, no biggie...of the big boys, I'd take a Gibson or Taylor first. Martin, again, $50 smacks, no biggie.

Doh!

...-------

Register Sign in to join the conversation