Miscellaneous Rumbles

Going off-grid again!

In 2 day’s time I will slipping off the grid again. We are going to Rajasthan in NW India for 2 weeks. This time around we will be venturing a bit further afield than usual and Internet reception may be unreliable at best in some areas. If I don’t post regularly or seem to be not responding, it means I am a temporary victim of technology deprivation.

Enjoy your travels, mate. I'll log some time on my Annie for you while you are away.

Enjoy your trip. In fifteen days my wife and I are heading to London England and my daughters wedding for the better part of a month, not quite as exotic as your destination but twenty days in England is still twenty days in a place I have only flown into and then right out of on connecting flights to other places. I figure my cell phone should work OK.

OK---now that Audept is out of earshot we can talk about him.

Heck Slim, when are you going to go someplace with no signal.

I'm already in the middle of nowhere, Chris. Indiana---Gateway to Illinois.

OK---now that Audept is out of earshot we can talk about him.

– wabash slim

You never know when he's going to find a signal in the back of beyond!

Wyn, the best part of being on holiday is being incommunicado.

Well it was more like bad Friday for me, a bad case of heat exhaustion from working inside a metal roof warehouse in 110 degree heat and an injured finger and bruised hip from falling down a set of concrete steps. I'm hoping day#2 goes a little better.

I had my itinerary wrong, we leave next Monday. My daughters wedding is the following Saturday, in the time I have between getting there and Saturday I will have the pleasure to be a guest of my new son in law and his father in their seats at an Arsenal Football match, they are huge fans. I have never attended a professional soccer game before, according to Jack and Duncan Arsenal is one of the best squads in the UK and I know I will enjoy myself. I forgot to ask who they are playing. I don't know if there is time left before we leave but I'm going to try to find some Arsenal cuff links on line. I already have a set of the Simpson pig cufflinks that Homer wanted Lisa's English husband to be wear at their wedding. I doubt that I'll be allowed to wear them, my wife will not let me, so it will be a pair of black round formals.

Wyn, the best part of being on holiday is being incommunicado.

– wabash slim

The best part of being on holiday is going commando.

The best part of being on holiday is going commando.

– audept

Especially when it is moist!

Register Sign in to join the conversation