Miscellaneous Rumbles

George Harrison tribute, tweet from Randy Bachman

We're well into rehearsals for the 100 guitar George Harrison tribute and received a nice tweet from Randy Bachman: https://twitter.com/RandysV...

Here's a link to a promotional spot for the CBC show, "Our Toronto." http://www.cbc.ca/player/pl...

Today will be the first rehearsal with the full group; great fun. I wish we had some GDP folks from the Toronto area in the project, but I understand people have other commitments.

Very cool. Wish I had been in the loop - would have enjoyed being part of it.

Very cool. Wish I had been in the loop - would have enjoyed being part of it.

– db62

Sorry you missed it. I posted a couple of times to encourage anyone in the area to sign on but nari a one; never did have the knack for promotion.

So, tell us how the event went. What song or songs were played? How many people turned out for it? Give us all the details.

So, tell us how the event went. What song or songs were played? How many people turned out for it? Give us all the details.

– Ric12string

I'll give a full report, but it will likely be on youtube soon after. To be clear, and this is explained in the CBC segment, Tim Brady has written original music as a tribute, so we're not playing George's music. It's called, "While 100 Guitars Gently Weep-Concerto for George Harrison."

There is however, one segment of the performance with some kids playing ukuleles, and I think they are playing one of George's tunes. The music that Tim has written is more towards the avant-garde end of the spectrum, and it is a concerto, so there will be three sections of guitars set up in different corners of the concert hall, with Tim as a soloist and the audience in the middle. Each section has a conductor and the progression through the music is governed by clock time. I'll get some idea of the overall effect at this evening's rehearsal when the entire group plays together for the first time. So far, the sections have rehearsed separately.

Oh, I had somehow gotten the idea that this event had already occurred. Sorry for jumping the gun.

Sorry you missed it. I posted a couple of times to encourage anyone in the area to sign on but nari a one; never did have the knack for promotion.

– Journeyman

My bad for missing it! (cue the Canadian's penchant for apologies, eh).

I hope someone plays the kool lead for Don't Bother Me.. note for note. One of his best -- a short statement.

That was great Charlie. Thanks

Back to the original post. It’s a shame more people did not participate. I’m too far away but would have liked this. Participate, have fun and yet be able to hide in the pack if you lack confidence.

Register Sign in to join the conversation