Miscellaneous Rumbles

Fred Gretsch & The Indian, With A Harrison

Taken at Rocky's Gretsch Day at Streetsounds in Brooklyn, a couple years back.

That was a great day, thanks for posting.

In my head, those balloons are attached to the handlebars, making it ever more awesome.

In my head, those balloons are attached to the handlebars, making it ever more awesome.

– Baxter

hahaha i thought they were too!

What a cool picture. Would Fred Gretsch consider running for President of the USA in 2016?

I'm pretty sure Fred has more sense than that. He's doing what he loves now, and being President has to be about the most miserable, thankless job anywhere. The hours suck, everything you do or don't do pisses someone off, the media is always on your case --- and have you noticed how rapidly Presidents age? Yikes!

Indian?

– razzer10_4

Indian? Yup!

My '55 Pontiac Star Chief had a hood ornament very much like the one perched on the front fender of the Bike!

If I ever learn to ride a motorcycle, I'll learn on, and buy an Indian. The year won't matter, I think.

...------

Yes, that Indian motorcycle for first-timers might be the one. Here's the Specialized I ride now, machete on board!

...------

A very cool picture of a very Cool guy!

What a cool picture. Would Fred Gretsch consider running for President of the USA in 2016?

– BuddyHollywood

Don't you wish he had?

Absolutely, and that from a Hillary Girl!

That's a new Indian. I'd have to go with one that has a kick starter.

Merle Travis rode an Indian Cheif. Paul Bigsby was a riding buddy and pattern maker for Crocker motorcycles and started crafting things for Merle.

We met Cam Bellamy that day.

– Deed Eddy

He was very happy about that.

Yes, that Indian motorcycle for first-timers might be the one. Here's the Specialized I ride now, machete on board!

...------

– indianation65

Machete? Why for?

Either off road use or protection. Either way......

Thankfully, the photo is taken at an angle that blocks out Fred's ponytail.

Register Sign in to join the conversation