Miscellaneous Rumbles

For the Beatle heads with deep pockets

George's Maton Link

Plenty of less expensive gear too. . .

400,000 Pounds + 24%....yeah, there is enough in the Checking account to cover it...

Always wanted a Maton!

400,000 Pounds + 24%....yeah, there is enough in the Checking account to cover it...

Always wanted a Maton!

– Twangmeisternyc

I guess if you're not an Aussie it would seem 'exotic' but the MS-500 mastersound is a quite affordable instrument here and often pop up for sale.

There are many different 'versions' but the MS500 anniversary models are probably the better sounding and are arguably the better finished instruments with a few embellishments over the originals. Plus they sound great and are very versatile. Not the lightest axe on the planet though!

Half a million quid for a guitar George used three times. Makes sense.

Paging Jim Irsay. He's the only one I know of with pockets that deep that'd buy an obscure guitar.

Wait til the holy grail long lost Harrison Help/Shea Tenny shows up. Far as I am concerned it's as iconic as the the Cavern bass, the EC Bluesbreaker burst, Nesmith Gretsch 12 when it comes to lost guitars that could surface. Rumor was that guitar hound Bonamassa knows where the Clapton burst is, but isn't talking.

George Harrison's guitars always demand incredible amounts of money. "The quiet one" had an eclectic collection of guitars, as many of us do. He was just able to afford more!

One of my brothers has a Maton acoustic guitar, and it's a Cracker Jack! It's up there near the top, as one of the best sounding acoustic guitars I've ever heard. I don't remember the model, but I believe that it's the same model that Tommy Emanuel uses most often. They use a pickup system that is similar to the LR Baggs Anthem True Mic, but were years ahead of LR Baggs in its implementation. They actually suspend the microphone element below the sound holes, rather than mounting it on the back side of the guitars top. They open up into an altogether lovely instrument.

Register Sign in to join the conversation