Miscellaneous Rumbles

Flicking through my Facebook friends

I came across Norm. It's tough thinking that the name and the guy behind it isn't there anymore and basically I have to delete it.

Was thinking of him over the weekend. He is missed.

Was thinking of him over the weekend. He is missed.

I had a notice for Cam's birthday the other day and yes I see Norms connect as well. I guess it's a good way to keep them in our minds and hearts. One of the few saving grace of Facebook, IMO.

Tomorrow's Bear's birthday (same day as Elvis!) Man...

I keep them on Facebook, and once a year I'm reminded by their birthdays to think about them, and it puts a smile on my face.

I do think it is nice to remember our old friends who've gone on before us. Personally, though, I do not in any way like having a birthday reminder for one of those friends. Inevitably, there is no acknowledgement that they are no longer with us. And, in a few cases I've had a real start over it all.

I do think it is nice to remember our old friends who've gone on before us. Personally, though, I do not in any way like having a birthday reminder for one of those friends. Inevitably, there is no acknowledgement that they are no longer with us. And, in a few cases I've had a real start over it all.

– Olivia Anne

That may simply be the process of continuing to work through the grief that their passing has caused you. For me, I view that as a positive thing, Olivia Anne. A flood of emotion is sometimes what is required to continue to process their absence and to work through the grief.

Register Sign in to join the conversation