Miscellaneous Rumbles

Falcon heavy launch today at 130 est. no not my guitar.

So, the Roadster is kinda mounted into the "Mission Vehicle" that they can steer to avoid a direct hit into Mars?

An orbit (versus obit) around the Sun is preferred?

Ha!

The Tesla in orbit reminded me of the 'Vette at the beginning of the "Heavy Metal" movie.

Wernher Von Braun, wherever he is, just crapped his pants.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Elon Musk is the man.

Seeing those two side boosters returning to earth's surface, moving in concert, and slowly settling down onto their landing pads together was one of the more stunning and moving things that I have seen in many years. That will hopefully send a message to the world that America remains a great country which can still do some amazing things.

I hope that there were some classrooms in this country with TV sets over which students were able to view the liftoff and the return of those boosters. Perhaps our love for all things space can be rekindled through our youngsters' eyes.

Kudos to Elon Musk. He is doing some amazing things.

He needs to redesign electric guitars, I'd buy a Teslacaster....

That was insane! Watching those boosters landing in unison. The Don't panic sign on the dash is a classic tip of the hat to The Hitchikers guide and does he really believe that he'll be able to drive his Tesla on the Mars landscape? Well I guess if anyone could pull that off it would be Elon Musk. This is really cool and very odd at the same time, so badass!

Register Sign in to join the conversation