Miscellaneous Rumbles

Falcon heavy launch today at 130 est. no not my guitar.

If all goes well, it will launch from the cape and two first stages will land simultaneously at the cape and third first stage will land on a barge at sea. The payload of a car with a dummy in a space suit will be set into a mars-sun orbit that will be a billion year orbit. If it works, it will be the largest rocket in use by a factor of two! There are bigger rockets being built at this time. No matter if it blows up on the pad or makes it all the way, it's historic. It will be easily be live viewed on YouTube. Many channels will be broadcasting this launch. (Except the stupid tv networks). I remember watching the Saturn fives with my dad on a black and white tv. If there is a problem, the next day is also approved for launch. I hope it works.

I also hope it works, but it seems strange to turn a Tesla into an orbiting piece of space junk!

Like many others, I grew up avidly watching the early parts of the space age, from the X planes thru Mercury and beyond. The only time I saw a TV during USAF basic training was for the Moon landing. Many sci-fi authors have opined that the space exploration won't really get off the ground (pun intended) until non governmental entities---private enterprises---get heavily involved. Why not launch a Tesla? Better than a '63 Rambler or a Yugo. Elon Musk is one of the prime movers in the real opening of space. Good luck!

Don't forget that David Bowie's Space Oddity will be playing in constant loop as a part of that same payload.

Don't forget that David Bowie's Space Oddity will be playing in constant loop as a part of that same payload.

– Ric12string

They should be using the version recorded on the ISS a couple of years back!

Is that Dr. Evil's rocket..? It looks like a....

wow, thanks for the link! that took me back to being a kid sitting in front of my mom's B&W TV.

Long after life on Earth has gone that silly Tesla will still be orbiting. At least the aliens who find it will know we had a weird sense of humor.

Great stuff, not necessarily better than the "Right Stuff"!

So, is the car just going to be floating through space, or is it encapsulated?

The take-off was cool, but the boosters landing in tandem was even cooler! The BBC footage showed the dashboard of the car: there was a sign on the dashboard that read "Don't Panic."

Great stuff, not necessarily better than the "Right Stuff"!

So, is the car just going to be floating through space, or is it encapsulated?

– Twangmeisternyc

Floating through space!

The launch was amazing to watch! The booster landing's were perfect, like something out of scifi movie

Floating through space!

– Charlie Vegas

I beleive its open but cargo

Exciting. Beautiful. Perfect.

Awesome!

Don’t panic sign was a reference to the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy couldn’t of been a much cooler launch some of my space key friends think that possibly if the main center booster didn’t have enough fuel to slow down and off the computer may have a board into an ocean landings as the last rocket space X test it was programmed to land in the ocean and it survived will see what they do but hearty congratulations I watch the first Apollo Rockets go with my dad on a black-and-white TV and tonight I watched the falcon heavy launch from My cell phone on the side of the road in the Pocono Mountains amazing

Don’t panic sign was a reference to the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy couldn’t of been a much cooler launch some of my space key friends think that possibly if the main center booster didn’t have enough fuel to slow down and off the computer may have a board into an ocean landings as the last rocket space X test it was programmed to land in the ocean and it survived will see what they do but hearty congratulations I watch the first Apollo Rockets go with my dad on a black-and-white TV and tonight I watched the falcon heavy launch from My cell phone on the side of the road in the Pocono Mountains amazing

The take-off was cool, but the boosters landing in tandem was even cooler! The BBC footage showed the dashboard of the car: there was a sign on the dashboard that read "Don't Panic."

– lx

LOL!!! LOVE IT!!!

Where's my towel?

Register Sign in to join the conversation