Miscellaneous Rumbles

Eventide H9

(I hope I picked the best place to post this.)

...[ahem].... Does anybody else have/had an Eventide H9 stompenboxen?

If so, curious about any and all thoughts. Heck, that also goes for anybody, whether or not you’ve had one (or two or whatever). Lemme hear from ya. Anything at all. If ya don’t like my tie, I wanna hear about it.

Humble thanx.

I got one a few weeks ago.So far so good. It is however, very complex. Mine came with all the downloads. I program it through my Mac.It is harder to program on board. Bottom line is that it sounds great!

Thanks so much for your input thus far. Fun with hollerbodies tonight....

(A slob? Mois?)

(A slob? Mois?)

– tubwompus

Wow! 2 of them!

Wow! 2 of them!

– GaryE

Yep, got the Max first, then you can buy up to 4 of the Cores and turn them all into Maxes for free. Saves tons of cash. For me personally, since they’ll only run one effect at a time, two is the most I’d ever need, mainly just to be able to record using the verbs and compressors in one with whatever other effect in the other. And you’re absolutely right, the ability to program it using Bluetooth from an iPad is a blessing!

I HAVE noticed that there’s a goodly amount of stuff in them that may not necessarily be useful unless you’re a major fan of Robert Fripp. Could just be my lack of ‘magination.

(A slob? Mois?)

– tubwompus

An embarrassment of riches, pal.

GaryE, just in case you haven’t seen them, Barn 3’s aftermarket stuff for it is great! You can assign either of the buttons to control any parameter. I have mine just moving up and down through the presets. You can also plug in an expression pedal or a little outboard switch, like I did. I programmed it to toggle the tuner on and off. Handy stuff!

Yeah, I have the Barn 3 switch on order. I’m not sure I want to go down the Midi switch road

Yeah, I have the Barn 3 switch on order. I’m not sure I want to go down the Midi switch road

– GaryE

I’m with ya. I’m not sure about the benefits of using midi unless you’re using them in a keyboard rig. Could just be my antiquated knowledge of midi but yeah. Good on ya re: Barn 3. It’s also beautifully made.

The tuner is really finicky,almost too accurate. I can never seem to get the stings right on pitch according to the readout. My ears hear it being ok even if the tune says I’m out a bit.

As for the sounds, they are really fantastic.So far I only use about a dozen for the different bands I work with. The Leslie and vibrato are great with an expression pedal. I had a Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl and an Empress Superdelay which I sold immediately after getting this new fangled contraption

I must agree. Even the dirt patches, which I don’t often use distortion but to get GOOD dirt patches along with everything else that it does, all in one box? Insane.

Register Sign in to join the conversation