Miscellaneous Rumbles

Emergency surgery today. **New Update 6/27**

I'm back at the hospital for emergency surgery on my right shoulder. I'm sure many of you will remember that I had a reverse shoulder replacement on May 11th and again on June 17 to repair the dislocated ball component of the artificial joint. Well.... three days ago I started having a lot more pain, and by yesterday evening the wound was draining profusely, and looking an ugly red. I saw the surgeon first thing this morning, and she sent me back to the hospital for surgery to clean it up. I'll be admitted, have surgery today, and be on IV antibiotics overnight. Hopefully I'll be able to go home tomorrow.

Wade, I think I'd consider changing doctors. Sorry for your setback.

Very sorry to hear of your extended woes. Infections happen. I hope the IV antibiotics work fast and you feel better soon.

Sorry to hear Wade. This run of surgeries has to come to an end; you can't continue like this. There has to be a better answer than the treatment you've got that hasn't been working. Sure hope you're feeling better real soon.

I'm truly sorry to hear, Sir. Surgery is difficult enough without having to go back in. Did the doctor give you any explanation as to what she thinks went wrong?

Wade you have had much more than "your share" of this stuff.

Again, I wish you all the best for a full recovery and quick return to good living. Be well, my friend.

That is awful. Wishing a speedy recovery!

Again?!?! I truly feel for you, Wade. I hope it all works out soon. Be well!

So sorry to hear this. I hope your recovery is quick and is a permanent fix.

Wade, sorry you have to have surgery. I have a friend who had to have surgery on his shoulder too. It seems never ending for him. He's had three surgeries already over a couple year period. You are in my prayers my friend. Be well and be blessed!

Geez mate, you can’t win, can you ?? Hope it works for you this time around. Hang tight.

That’s a drag, sorry to hear this, Wade.

Best wishes for a speedy and permanent recovery.

I was just informed that the doctor believes I am infected with staph MRSA. Unfortunately that's the antibiotic resistant one, that can take weeks of IV antibiotics to kill. The reason they suspect this is because one of the tissue samples from the 6/17 operation (to re-locate the dislocated ball), came back positive for staph MRSA.

They surgically cleaned everything out, and replaced a couple of components, removed the infected tissues, packed in a bunch of antibiotics, and closed up.

I'll need to be in the hospital a few more days, but I should be able to do the IV antibiotic therapy at home. What really stinks is that I have to do it all alone, visitors are still not allowed in hospitals.

I’m sorry, Wade. I’m hoping for a quick recovery for you.

Danged it man. I'm starting to wonder if your time in surgeries isn't worse than your entire time spent in the service.

Hope you heal quickly and without any real problems. That's some bad stuff.

I was just informed that the doctor believes I am infected with staph MRSA. Unfortunately that's the antibiotic resistant one, that can take weeks of IV antibiotics to kill. The reason they suspect this is because one of the tissue samples from the 6/17 operation (to re-locate the dislocated ball), came back positive for staph MRSA.

They surgically cleaned everything out, and replaced a couple of components, removed the infected tissues, packed in a bunch of antibiotics, and closed up.

I'll need to be in the hospital a few more days, but I should be able to do the IV antibiotic therapy at home. What really stinks is that I have to do it all alone, visitors are still not allowed in hospitals.

– Wade H

Sorry to hear you have a staph infection. For those that don't know, MRSA means penicillin resistant and there's a whole family of different infections with this classification. 6 years ago I was stricken very suddenly with one of these and it was wicked. It was in my bladder and urethra. Got checked at emergeny and urine sample taken. They gave me penicillin, not knowing what I had till the culture came back in 48 hrs. Turned out to be one of the worse strains of bacterial infections and I had to go on Vancomycin, the only drug at the time that would kill it but it took 21 days of twice a day 2hr IV and then over 2 months of pills to complete the treatment. My degree of infection was categorized as the high end of fatal but I was lucky I got the right treatment. Had I not got it, they said I'd had died in about 4-5 days.

These infections can be vicious but can be treated so I how yours gets under control soon Wade.

Your outcomes are chilling. Stuff happens, yes. But, you've had the share of "stuff" of 10 people. Hope you recover fully and quickly. All the best, Olivia Anne

Prayers for you, Wade.

Best of our thoughts for you, sir.

Wow Wade, best wishes for a quick recovery and healing of the infection.

Wade, I'm really sorry to hear about all of the problems you have had. If it were me I think I would seriously consider a second option in the future for medical care.

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Wade,my best wishes go out to you for a speedy recovery. A few solid prayers sent to you also. lm.

Register Sign in to join the conversation