Miscellaneous Rumbles

Éirinn go Brách!! Happy St Patrick’s day kids!

Slainte'

Everything in moderation lads (and lassies)! Lookin forward to cornedbeef tacos and a few pints of craft beer after work, being an irish-hispanic greenbean myself. Éirinn go Brách!!

I am guilty...not wanting to lead the celebration...

But!

Now, that that's done, all those who enjoy a bit of the Irish REJOICE!

I am 1/4 Irish, making those on the other side of the kin much more so...They are my good buddies...

Even with the nay-sayer digs, and the NYC animosity, I suggest Corned Beef, Cabbage, and Taters in some form for this evening's meal.

Ours is finishing up in the oven.

Bushmills available for consumption, most appropriate I could find here as a wee tad, or later in Coffee as we watch March Madness, or a post-Academy Awards movie from the Red Box!

For as long as I can remember, "Erin go Bra" - less has been a tongue-in-cheek joke.

I worked at Notre Dame forty some years ago; does that count?

If you said you had worked there for forty years...That would count!

Back in the day a true family story goes that at one of the more popular Irish Bars in town a bet was made that those at the table would share a toast with a Camel next St. Patty's Day.

They did.

Unfortunately, the Camel got stuck between humps on the way out the front door...

Then everything went South quick...

Hangar 24 Brewery?!?! I'm playin' there next Saturday! Not with the Lizards, I'll be playing my last sub gig with the Sterling Sylver Band. Nobody's quittin' or gettin' fired, they found a permanent rhythm player and don't need me anymore. For now.

I recognize modern Country's not exactly your cup o' tea, TV, so I won't be upset if you're not there. Do have a good St. Patrick's Day, though.

"May the road rise to greet ya,

May the wind be always at yer back!

May the sun shine warm upon yer face,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand,

And may ye be a half hour in heaven afore the divvil knows yer dead!"

Happy St Patrick's day to all!! Raise a Guiness!

Happy St Patrick's day to all. Thought I was all Eastern European for many years but then I found out that my paternal Grandmother's cousin was Robert Briscoe who was elected Lord Mayor of Dublin in 1956. When the families emigrated from Lithuania, my Grandmother's family came to America and her cousins' to Ireland. You never know. Be decent and respectful to everyone....we're all related.

I'm Not Irish, but I always felt like one on St. Patty's day.

Here's to immigrants past, present and future, may we find what we hope for.

Thank God that horrendous day is over.

Around here in New York it is the single worst day on the calendar. Weaklings getting drunk for no other reason than they are Irish or know someone who is Irish. What a reason, huh?

I am telling you the day I become President of the United Stated my very first Executive Order on my very first day in office will be to outlaw St. Patrick's Day forever. I would even send in the National Guard to ensure my Order is obeyed.

Are you going to ban Corned Beef?

Now, that might get you impeached!

Around here in New York it is the single worst day on the calendar. Weaklings getting drunk for no other reason than they are Irish or know someone who is Irish. What a reason, huh?

I am telling you the day I become President of the United Stated my very first Executive Order on my very first day in office will be to outlaw St. Patrick's Day forever. I would even send in the National Guard to ensure my Order is obeyed.

– Spiritwalker

Wow. You sound like great company.

Wow. You sound like great company.

– sascha

I am. I had a White Russian on New Year's Eve.

– Spiritwalker

Its an important day in my home as we celebrate w our kids. I'm irish from the Kelly clan on my mothers side and my wife is both english and irish, the house of Stewart. My grandmother Rita Beryl Kelly was very proud to be an Irish emigrant from Australia and remained a resident alien living in the United States after Marrying my Grandpa Smith, an American Seaman stationed in Oz where they met. My Grandmother took care of me for the first few yrs of my life and visited almost every weekend if not more until she passed on when I was 19. I loved that dear lady w all my heart! St Patricks day is a day of cultural celebration that has become overly commercialized but still sacred to the hearts of many, including this family.

You're comments are your right but noted as unnecessary in this thread I started, simply to lift the spirits of those here that you've decided to walk on, I guess? :(

It's just a bunch of Blarney...!

My Paternal Grandmother 100% Irish, maiden name "Garrigan".

My Aunt 100% Irish, maiden name "White".

And then there was Uncle Sean, my Aunt's Brother-in-law, from Ireland, I could barely understand him before he had a drink...

After a few drinks, he had to kiss every woman and girl in the house...always fun to see them scatter.

BTW Corned Beef and Cabbage isn't Irish, it's NYC...

I didn't drink or wear green that day and now they're threatening to take away my apostrophe.

BTW, computer systems do not handle that bit of punctuation well at all.

This one always brings a tear to my eyes as it signifies and end to the two-day celebration.

My wife and I host a "Friend's Patrick's Day" dinner each year. We have our closest friends over and eat corned beef n cabbage and lift pints of Guinness/Murphy's and of course finish the night with plenty of whiskey. Sláinte.

We cooked up 9lbs of corned beef this year http://scontent.cdninstagra...

http://scontent.cdninstagra...

Also missing this guitar extra hard during this week of green

We will be powering back into the left-overs tonight...

My wife found an extraordinary Soda Bread this year, believe it or not Trader Joe's!

St Patricks day is a day of cultural celebration

So it is yet another way we divide the people who walk upon this Earth. Race, religion, sexuality, economic status, nationality, political affiliation, culture...when will it all end?

It'll end once people stop looking for ways to 'divide' us. Never.

This is one of the most inclusive 'holidays' that I can think of.... It's an innocent and meaningless day for people to all be Irish (in spirit) and party. The only ones who oppose it are the snakes......

St Patricks day is a day of cultural celebration

So it is yet another way we divide the people who walk upon this Earth. Race, religion, sexuality, economic status, nationality, political affiliation, culture...when will it all end?

– Spiritwalker

I will do my best to keep if from ending as I believe diversity is our strength. I think I made it clear in the last post that my Irish grandmother from Australia married an American Soldier of German decent. My mother being both of those, married my father here in Long Beach, he's from New Mexico of spanish and mexican decent. Every single one of those cultures makes up who we are and to not identify and celebrate the diversity is not American.

Register Sign in to join the conversation