Miscellaneous Rumbles

Doris Day, gone at 97…..RIP.

It's hard to find where to begin in thanking her for what she gave to the world. From her early career with Big Bands to her movie & singing career, she was one of the world's favorite people.

She contracted pneumonia not long after her birthday and is reported as the cause of her passing. So sad to lose her but her movies and songs will live on.

Wow! Sad news, but what a life she lived!

Thank you, Ms Day, for all the joy and fun you shared for so many years. Now -- Rest In Peace.

I really dig her version of Blues in the Night:

Now this is sad. I thought Doris Day was wonderful.

Very sad news, she was the epitome of the "All American Girl" in the 1960's. If you are ever in Carmel California, visit her Hotel the "Cypress Inn", its a beautiful early Spanish Californian Inn along the Coast , nice place. RIP

We all know it, so sing along!

Very sorry to hear this news. RIP Doris Day.

"And Doris Day".

RIP Americana icon. We dug it.

Sad day. Reposting from our social media.

Saddened to wake up this morning to the news that Doris Day has passed away at the age of 97 in her home in Carmel, CA. Although her music was about as far from Rockabilly as you could get in the 1950s I always had a soft spot for Doris, loved her movies and her records. From her 1940s work as the lead vocalist for the Les Brown Orchestra singing songs like "Sentimental Journey", through the 50s with mega hit "Que Sera Sera" and on into the 60s with "Move Over Darling" Doris had one of the best voices of the era. Cutesy movies like "Pillow Talk", "The Thrill Of It All" and "Move Over Darling" were windows into life in the 1950s and early 60s in America...which to a Rock 'n' Roll/Rockabilly crazy kid growing up in the UK in the 1970s was pure magic. The music, the cars, the clothes, the sets filled with mid-century furniture....and Doris. In later life Doris devoted herself to animal welfare, another reason why I admired her so much. RIP Ms. Day.

Register Sign in to join the conversation