Miscellaneous Rumbles

Do you have a Gretsch that gives you everything you need?

Either of these gets my six-string stuff done just fine....

Tell me about the neck on that sweetheart.

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

Very unassuming. Just a comfortable C, not thin, not thick. A nice 1 11/16" nut width.

Very unassuming. Just a comfortable C, not thin, not thick. A nice 1 11/16" nut width.

– Afire

Thanks.

Any 6120 is fine by me,until i need an electric 12!

Love the Electro II....gorgeous!

– tabletop

I agree it is a very handsome guitar and particularly in this picture it looks extra huge and exciting. It is basically the exact same size as the 2 tone 'Convertible' on the other side of the picture.

It was a basket case when I bought it but the restoration turned out well.

Is it was the only guitar I had I wouldn't think twice about playing it for everything.

I've never seen Gretsch's as specialty guitars made for playing any particular type of music. I think you can play anything, on any of them.

For me, I think the guitar that meets all my needs would be the one I am playing at the time. I love all of my Gretsches and tend to rotate them, reminding myself over and over why I got each of them in the first place.

I think the ultimate question is: If I could only have one desert island guitar (assuming of course that the island has electricity, a stage, etc.) which one would I take with me?

I think mine would be my Tennessee Rose (or maybe my 6120 EC, or would it be my red sparkle jet?)

What's your one and only, desert island guitar?

I agree it is a very handsome guitar and particularly in this picture it looks extra huge and exciting. It is basically the exact same size as the 2 tone 'Convertible' on the other side of the picture.

It was a basket case when I bought it but the restoration turned out well.

Is it was the only guitar I had I wouldn't think twice about playing it for everything.

I've never seen Gretsch's as specialty guitars made for playing any particular type of music. I think you can play anything, on any of them.

– Toxophilite

Really lovely...beautiful Convertible too!

Couldn't agree more about the versatility of Gretsches. I love to play particularly "Gretschey" things on them but they really will do anything....and they look so good doing it too!

These two. But if it’s just one I have to choose as the guitar that does everything I need it to do then it’s the ‘55 Streamliner.

Every time I pick up this guitar and play it for live shows, in the recording studio or just woodshedding at home this guitar does it all.

The ‘53 Electro II is awesome too...definitely a very, very close second to the Streamliner.

These two. But if it’s just one I have to choose as the guitar that does everything I need it to do then it’s the ‘55 Streamliner.

Every time I pick up this guitar and play it for live shows, in the recording studio or just woodshedding at home this guitar does it all.

The ‘53 Electro II is awesome too...definitely a very, very close second to the Streamliner.

– Wheelgrinder

hmm looks like a familiar pair

Though I play some 'gretschy" things on my guitars, (and lately I have been 'rotating' them like a previous member mentioned). I particularly enjoy playing music on them that would seem to be unlikely.

It's always funny when people refer to Gretsch's as 'rockabilly guitars' and leave it at that. Like most electric guitars you can play anything on them. Many examples of this out there.

– Wheelgrinder

I just love it that each guitar comes with it's own motorcycle!

Way cool!

No, but it's close. There's always a part of me that's going to require a Jim Root Tele nearby.

But my 6118T ticks the box for just about everything else I could ever want to play. I'd like to experiment with different pickup combinations, but I'm pretty satisfied for right now.

My 5122. It's my Excalibur, my holy Grail. That being said, you can never have too many guitars.

I have a bunch of old 6120's. But this 55' really does everything. Its Honky Tonk but still rocks hard. No wonder Eddie C. loved his so much.

I have a bunch of old 6120's. But this 55' really does everything. Its Honky Tonk but still rocks hard. No wonder Eddie C. loved his so much.

– Gasmoney

Lovely 6120...and some beautiful gear!

I especially love the use of the TS-9 as wedge to angle the champ

– Wheelgrinder

Two beauties!

Say's a lot about the guitar...and maybe the player too that you can get everything you need from a one pickup guitar.

Most of my collection are solid bodies, and they cover 95% of the sounds I like to hear. But, it we're going to talk Gretsch, I have to tell you that my recent discovery of the first generation G5622T has changed my thinking considerably. This is the model with three Super HiLoTrons and cat's eye sound holes. That center pickup has turned this guitar into the most versatile Gretch that I've ever owned, and there have been seven of those since the early seventies. So, I'm going with the G5622T.

Ever since I got my 6123 Monkees back from Curt, it's been my main Gretsch axe. The slim profile 16" double cutaway body, fast neck, twin Super'tron I pickups, and unusual model features (double neo-classic markers, real bound F-holes and non-standard switch arrangement) not to mention it's "Monkees" name make this the ULTIMATE Gretsch for me.

My beat up, old silverjet with filts pretty much does it all...

Even if sometimes I don't want to admit it...

K

Register Sign in to join the conversation