Miscellaneous Rumbles

Do we know who is following the irreplaceable Joe C.?

as was mentioned in Joe's retirement thread, whoever it's gonna be, they have some mighty big shoes to fill.

hopefully not the folks at FMIC who totally botched it operating Guild.

I can't imagine anyone doing the same job that Joe did but I'm sure they'll be able to match the right person to the job. Heck, I never imagined anyone like Joe in the first place. I mean heck, He's JOE!

I heard from a reliable source that they will select his successor by who’s pick shakes out of the guitar first.

I heard from a reliable source that they will select his successor by who’s pick shakes out of the guitar first.

– NJBob

That's a skill not many have mastered. That's a better way to make that decision than a lot of others.

I think the real question is not which person will be taking his place, but how many people will it take to do everything he did?

No one can replace the Don of Gretschmafia!! Zio Joe's skill set is unmatched and è molto buono!!!

My understanding is that there's no plan to "replace" him - or even his position - directly. Rather, his less public in-house duties are to be spread among the existing Gretsch team (thus far pretty anonymous to us).

It's not clear there will be as public an ambassador as Joe was.

My understanding is that there's no plan to "replace" him - or even his position - directly. Rather, his less public in-house duties are to be spread among the existing Gretsch team (thus far pretty anonymous to us).

It's not clear there will be as public an ambassador as Joe was.

– Proteus

Yes; that seems to be their plan. But, we know he fought to continue all of the magic he brought to all of us, anyway. So, as many have said in stating the obvious, no one could do what Joe did. But, he'll be around, round, he'll be around. OA

that's like asking "who's gonna replace Jerry Garcia?" you can't. people like that are irreplaceable.

Does that mean John Mayer will be applying for Joe's former position?

I believe it’s the end of an era folks. I hope not but I fear so. Joe was a figure head for the brand and really pushed to support its followers. I’m sure the enthusiasm is still there with the gretsch crew but man, joe never slept and was always on the go. Not many would take that on

Feeling a bit melancholy about Joe's retirement in a greedy sort of way.

The Roundups we got to do were some of the highlights of my time here, and always looked forward to having some fun with our friends, with me playing David Lee Roth, the mouthy blowhard to your EVH, the master, who didn't need me up there, but tolerated me for entertainment's purposes.

I'm really bummed that our yearly chunks of fun are just a memory now, but it's memories like these that will always make me smile when I think of you. Thanks for letting me play with you and your toys, Joe.

See you down the road.

Well, Crowbone, that was sob worthy, now, wasn't it. My guess is we'll still find a way to enjoy a Roundup or two in the future, assuming we get a future.

I'd volunteer for the job, if only I knew who to volunteer to.

On the other hand, I've always been more of an opening act than a headliner...

BTW Olivia Anne, the sun will indeed come out tomorrow and it will shine directly down on people like yourself and Joe. So worry not my lady...

Well, Crowbone, that was sob worthy, now, wasn't it. My guess is we'll still find a way to enjoy a Roundup or two in the future, assuming we get a future.

– Olivia Anne

Future fer sure!

I just got my wife of 53 years home from the hospital 45 miles away where she was recovering from....Pneumonia! Huzzah! Coulda been worse!

Yeah, our local hospital was slammed! Yup, we had a Turtle-approved, Orange mask-less super-spreader event at our regional airport exactly one month ago and our Penn-tucky county went from 706 virus cases with 7 deaths, to 1558 cases with 15 deaths listed this morning.

Lotsa questionable futures indeed.

Future fer sure!

I just got my wife of 53 years home from the hospital 45 miles away where she was recovering from....Pneumonia! Huzzah! Coulda been worse!

Yeah, our local hospital was slammed! Yup, we had a Turtle-approved, Orange mask-less super-spreader event at our regional airport exactly one month ago and our Penn-tucky county went from 706 virus cases with 7 deaths, to 1558 cases with 15 deaths listed this morning.

Lotsa questionable futures indeed.

– F107plus5

I’m glad your wife is better...but please keep your political crap out of here.

I’m glad your wife is better...but please keep your political crap out of here.

– NJBob

You are right, of course, and I apologize to the community.

Register Sign in to join the conversation