Miscellaneous Rumbles

Did I mention Hockey Season is here!

I’m really going to enjoy wearing my Devils jersey(1 of the 13 I own) out here on Long Island in the land of Islanders and Rangers fans!!!

The team looks good and really were fun to watch this season. Maybe by a little luck we can work our way into 2nd or 3rd place this last game!

A few thoughts. I don't have a horse in the race in the strict sense of the word but I'm rooting for the Jets. They've got everyone healthy now and are really deep throughout the lineup. In Canada, they're being thought of for going to the finals.

The Leafs, if they heat up, are going to give everyone a tough time. Boston has been hot for awhile now so they could make a run. Tampa has be touted for most of the season as a front runner and Vegas isn't to be dismissed either, a rookie team or not.

As is usually the case, the first round produces some of the best hockey of the playoffs. The regular season has been no fun for those of us whose team has been out of it since basically the Christmas break. Adopt a team and get ready for the best hockey of the season.

There`s a certain sadness to the last games being played today, and many of the teams involved have taken the time to pay tribute to the Humboldt Broncos hockey team, which was decimated in a horrible collision overnight between their team bus and a B-train semi.

As one NHL-er said, "we all ride the bus, and we're happy to, but many of us do sometimes wonder...'what if..?'"

Last night was "what if" for a lot of families.

Spare a second to remember the 15 families who have lost loved ones tonight if you can.

Very Sad...

Every couple years a Sports Team and Community somewhere has to pick up the pieces after a tragedy.

Godspeed to the Humboldt Broncos and their families.

And so the quest begins...

starting tonight (Wed.)! This should be a really exciting cup season, folks. League parity is at its peak, and lots of good matchups already on the Round 1 slate.

A few personal observations-- Even though I'm not a fan of either team, the Sharks/Ducks series looks especially promising in terms of a close pairing. I also think that the Kings/Knights series is going to be better than people think. What's more, I have a funny feeling that the Caps/Bluejackets series is primed for an upset, and the Flyers/Penguins has real grudge match potential!

As a Nashville fan, I hope the Preds don't start believing their own press. Just play great hockey and go as far as you possibly can. My ideal cup final would be Nashville vs. Boston. As my #1 (Nashville--since 1997) and former childhood #1 (Boston-- since 1969) teams respectively, I couldn't really be disappointed no matter what the outcome.

Regardless-- Here's wishing good luck and no injuries to whoever you will be cheering for-- this is the BEST professional sports championship series in North America!

Ouch...Flyers got pummeled. Bad draw playing the Pens in the 1st Round.

Good to see the Jets win!

My Knights currently up 1-0, with the Game getting a bit rougher at the End of the 2nd.

If anyone playing the Bruins plans to do anything in the playoffs, they better bring up a physical fourth liner and take Marchand out. I mean take that dirty bastard out for the rest of the playoffs. That dirty SOB has severely compromised Marcus Johansson's career with the elbow to the head. He hasn't played since and doctors said it was a very "particular" damaging concussion.

If the league won't take the required action, then he is going to continue to be a reckless danger and eventually cost someone their career. I say pick a guy to sacrifice for suspension and take him out. I like how Detroit reacted to Claude Lemieux to create what is now known as "Bloody Wednesday" after the horrible hit on Draper. The Red Wings took care of business.

Marchand will have his day.

However anyone else views it...to me, he apparently was raised all wrong.

He keeps slipping back to being a "punk".

The Knights got the job done, Philly needs Game 2.

Marchand will have his day.

However anyone else views it...to me, he apparently was raised all wrong.

He keeps slipping back to being a "punk".

The Knights got the job done, Philly needs Game 2.

– Twangmeisternyc

Nice game and tight win for the Knights. Their defense can really stack up with the best and it showed last night. Great wn and well deserved.

And I agree in that Marchand was raised wrong!

Devils lost...I expected that. The lightning are too sharp and capitalize on a mistake.
Nashville is a machine.
Tough loss for Toronto and Marchand? Raising the bar on being a jerk by licking Komarov's face. I can't stand this guy.

http://www.masslive.com/bru...

As much as I would like to see Marchand put out of hockey permanently.....and with a deserved lifelong injury to contend with, I'd first like to see him knock Kadri into the 10th row. He's a very dirty player and has injured many players in his career. Tonight he tried taking out another player with a very dangerous and possibly career threatening knee on knee hit. He's a vicious little bastard and needs a good [clean] Dustin Byfuglien check to rearrange his insides like we saw on opening night of the playoffs. That would keep his head on a swivel, once he recovers.

Just checking in and watching the playoffs, any 2 teams, is greatness. There is nothing like the NHL playoffs.

To see Dallas not make it again, and again, and again, pains me.

Please get rid of this coaching staff.

...-------

Just checking in and watching the playoffs, any 2 teams, is greatness. There is nothing like the NHL playoffs.

To see Dallas not make it again, and again, and again, pains me.

Please get rid of this coaching staff.

...-------

– indianation65

Looks like you got your wish this morning... As of today, Hitchcock is officially GONE.

Yes, I feel like the Stars just won the Cup!

I do wish Hitch the best. I just want a different coach.

Congratulations on the retirement Coach H.

...------

Go Flyers!

Now, to see if the Knights can put some emphasis on being Winners...

Jets are tough in their home town.

A collective "Whew" from the Flyers fans after they didn't get pummeled last night, and did well against Pittsburgh.

I didn't stay up until the End...but, the Knights got the win in 2OT!

I live in Toronto, but I've been a Bruins fan since I was knee-high to Bobby Orr. Makes things a bit weird now that they're facing each other in round 1.

Boston can take a commanding 3-0 lead in the series with a win tonight. I don't know if the Leafs have an answer for the Bruins' top line - and so far the Leafs' young stars haven't shown up.

Go Bruins!

I'm not pulling for any one team, but simply hoping for a new champ, and 2 new teams in the Cup.

Go first-timers.

...------

Register Sign in to join the conversation