Miscellaneous Rumbles

Dick Dale last night…

Amazing show. What a great performer and guitarist. LOUD! Glad I wore my earplugs as I was right up front. I wanted a shirt but it was $40. I just can't fork that kinda dough over for a t-shirt. I know he has to make a living, but all his stuff was too expensive. Regardless, we enjoyed ourselves and got to see a legend !

amazing!! he's been through two serious bouts with cancer..and is still going strong

king of the surf guitar indeed

cheers

The king of surf indeed !!!!

I'd love to see him.

Did he have his tube reverb hanging from the ceiling suspended with bungee cords?

Did you catch him in Jacksonville?

I'd love to see him.

Did he have his tube reverb hanging from the ceiling suspended with bungee cords?

– Jeffrey Osowski

I'd love to see him.

– Jeff O(Gunter glieben glauben globen)

Whaa? Cool!

He suspends his Fender Tube Reverb because the stage, and especially the top of his amp, are too damn bouncy and he has all knobs turned all the way up that any movement creates background noise.

it's on his website

http://www.youtube.com/watc...

Jeff, if he did I didn't see it or notice it. Yeah Dusty, I caught him here in my hometown of Jacksonville.

Still at it.Good for him! :D

Still at it.Good for him! :D

Glad to hear he's still kickin'...hope he gets up here again!

I really want to catch him sometime. I haven't been the same since the first time I heard Misirlou. I imagine he's a cool guy to hang out with too. He seems really down to earth for being a living legend.

I got to see him last year. What a show!

I was very privileged to have been to his house and been able to play his amazing guitar.

Cool picture! I used to work with a guy who had played with him quite a bit. He's apparently a very cool guy.

He played here in Atlanta last night. I was playing down the street and couldn't go. Word is he was great. I opened for him years ago and it was something

He suspends his Fender Tube Reverb because the stage, and especially the top of his amp, are too damn bouncy and he has all knobs turned all the way up that any movement creates background noise.

it's on his website

– Jeffrey Osowski

it's on his website

– Jeff O(Gunter glieben glauben globen)

That makes sense. What doesnt' make sense is my vision that he would have it hanging there to wack it a bit to get that crash sound. Now I understand.

It makes me happy to know that Dick Dale is still out there wailing the surf guitar.

Long Live The King!

Dylan

Register Sign in to join the conversation