Miscellaneous Rumbles

Danny Kirwan RIP

Just read where Danny Kirwan passed away at age 68. I, like many, credited Peter Green for a lot a what was actually played by Kirwin. RIP Danny. Link

We've chatted about Danny here quite a bit...great guitar player. One of my favorites growing up. I have all those older recordings...

It will be interesting if the FM share any more comments.

I know they tried several times to include him in Shows and Events to which he declined.

RIP

Sad news. He was great... lots of masterful stuff done by the time he was 22. By 28, he was out of the music biz. Sands of Time, Danny's Chant. All that good stuff.

Sad news. He was great... lots of masterful stuff done by the time he was 22. By 28, he was out of the music biz. Sands of Time, Danny's Chant. All that good stuff.

One of the greatest ever, for all that he was practically unknown. A very sad life after fame. Rock & roll was not very good to him.

I wish his last 40 years could have been productive; he should have had amazing material in him.

It's quite tragic. Danny Kirwan was a great guitarist and wrote some outstanding songs. Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer are fortunately still with us. It's unfortunate that not many are aware of Kirwan's great talent and accomplishments. It also applies to the original Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, one of the greatest blues/rock bands ever. Most only know Fleetwood Mac as the pop band with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham.

rip danny kirwan

cheers

It's quite tragic. Danny Kirwan was a great guitarist and wrote some outstanding songs. Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer are fortunately still with us. It's unfortunate that not many are aware of Kirwan's great talent and accomplishments. It also applies to the original Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, one of the greatest blues/rock bands ever. Most only know Fleetwood Mac as the pop band with Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham.

– Gretschadelphia

I couldn't have written it better so I just have to say I agree. I love those years of Fleetwood Mac and Danny's playing was brilliant.

Register Sign in to join the conversation