Miscellaneous Rumbles

Cover Songs?

Thanks. I really suck at rhythm bc I've played by myself my whole life...so counting is hard for me...so I rely on feel. But since you pointed it out, I'm going to spend some time without the guitar in my hand just counting and seeing what you explained.

Thank you much.

– shane kislack

You're welcome! ... Its quite disorienting,...until it's not, if that makes sense,lol.

Page did similar trickery in a lot of LZ material too( In My Time of Dying is also two counts of where you think it is, fir example)...

the best revamp i've heard, though, was back in the 80s...a friend in the San Francisco open mike scene used to do "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang" by Ted Nugent as an urgent, slow-paced near-country blues, plunking out the bass notes with a measured rockabilly thunk and singing in a deep baritone voice somewhere between Cash, Fred Neil, and Tim Hardin. people used to hurt themselves laughing. inspired!

– macphisto

This I have to hear.....

You're welcome! ... Its quite disorienting,...until it's not, if that makes sense,lol.

Page did similar trickery in a lot of LZ material too( In My Time of Dying is also two counts of where you think it is, fir example)...

– Mustafa Stefan Dill

It IS disorienting. I can play it by feel after I run through it a few times, but I need to be able to count it correctly. Appreciate the insight.

"At the same time I had to find a personal authentic voice to bring to the piece as well. I decided eventually on a bluesy, smokey , Hendrix /Trower type vibe in 5 that seemed to fit the yearning of the song. My take: Link"

I'm not familiar with the original; but, Wow! I really like your "cover." Thank you.

(Since we're "teaching" the mechanics of posting, will someone please finally tell me how to "quote" as Mustafa did just above?)

Olivia Ann, there's a little box at the bottom right-hand corner of every post labelled 'Reply' with a drop menu. In there is the Quote function. Click on it, type your reply and post your reply, the source post will be quoted in your post.

"At the same time I had to find a personal authentic voice to bring to the piece as well. I decided eventually on a bluesy, smokey , Hendrix /Trower type vibe in 5 that seemed to fit the yearning of the song. My take: Link"

I'm not familiar with the original; but, Wow! I really like your "cover." Thank you.

(Since we're "teaching" the mechanics of posting, will someone please finally tell me how to "quote" as Mustafa did just above?)

– Olivia Anne

Like this.

Like this.

– ade

Thank you, Ade. Believe it or not I knew how to do that. I should have been more specific. I am unable to do as you just did as to a portion, only. Is that also so easy?

Is that also so easy?

Experiment.

Right, got it. Don't do the Reply thing.

There's the Bold, Italic, and a third item on the upper left of the normal typing box (which until this very moment I thought was just a cheery cloud lol). Click that little guy and it makes an arrow in your text box. Copy and paste the bit of text you want to quote next to it et voila!

I'm not familiar with the original; but, Wow! I really like your "cover." Thank you.>

Thanks so much!.;) I like how it turned out, but I think it's a little overlong and/ or needs a real drummer. We'll see about that.. I'm gonna experiment with posting mechanics now and try you tube links!

An unmetered original interpretation:

My take:

Register Sign in to join the conversation