Miscellaneous Rumbles

Corona virus sucks.

Yeah, ruger, let's talk in a few weeks instead of discounting the severity of this pandemic now. And btw, my comment was directed at the Spanish Flu of 1918. My guess is Fauci wasn't on the job yet.

– razzer10_4

I'm not discounting anything. I've been at home, just like everybody else. I think it's a good idea. The difference is, from what I am hearing, it seems to be working so far. Forgive me for being optimistic and not buying the panic and fear spread thick by the mainstream media.

Fox News quote lol

– Mr_Christopher

It's actually not, but you'd have to read the article to know where the information actually came from

– Mr Tubs

Boy have you got that right!!!

"The United States was ranked the best-prepared country in the world."

I guess something really got smurfed up.

"The United States was ranked the best-prepared country in the world."

I guess something really got smurfed up.

– hammerhands

How do you figure?

Unless you mean this...

https://www.washingtonexami...

We're practicing social distancing.

All this time I've been doing it because I'm antisocial.

Trump, Fox News, a handful of governors and many churches are going to cause an untold number of deaths that could have been prevented.

Trump, Fox News, a handful of governors and many churches are going to cause an untold number of deaths that could have been prevented.

– Mr_Christopher

Opinions are fine, but be careful stating them as fact...

A couple of weeks old, but still relevant: https://time.com/5798168/co...

https://slate.com/technolog...

https://abcnews.go.com/Heal...

as of yesterday: Total cases: 44,183 Total deaths: 544 =1.2% ...and as a couple of the articles above explain, that is very likely to fall in the coming weeks.

Someone ran the numbers: mortality rate is falling (as explained above):

March 8 - 541 case/22 deaths = 4.06%
March 10- 994 cases/30 deaths = 3.01%
March 12 - 1695 cases/42 deaths = 2.52%
March 14 - 2954 cases/ 57 deaths = 1.93%

March 18- 9003 cases/ 150 deaths = 1.66%
March 24- 46,805 cases/ 593 deaths = 1.26%

I reiterate, so far, so good.... especially when compared to Italy. And most of these numbers were before these "several new treatment candidates" were being used (like chloroquine).

Lou Dobbs: Trump "was right and frankly Fauci was wrong” about unproven drug treatments for COVID-19. people have been hospitalized and at least one dead from following Trump’s home remedy. Texas Lt Gov on Fox promoting we ignore the scientific community's word that we should stay isolated and instead we should go back to work and seniors fend for themselves, a small sacrifice to help the economy. I wont even go into Trump’s demonstrable incompetence and demonstrable dishonesty. If you live outside the Fox bubble you already know this.

Ok, got that out of my system. Carry on

Lou Dobbs: Trump "was right and frankly Fauci was wrong” about unproven drug treatments for COVID-19. people have been hospitalized and at least one dead from following Trump’s home remedy. Texas Lt Gov on Fox promoting we ignore the scientific community's word that we should stay isolated and instead we should go back to work and seniors fend for themselves, a small sacrifice to help the economy. I wont even go into Trump’s demonstrable incompetence and demonstrable dishonesty. If you live outside the Fox bubble you already know this.

Ok, got that out of my system. Carry on

– Mr_Christopher

You really need to check your sources.... the person that died from ingesting chloroquine PHOSPHATE had ingested his FISH TANK CLEANER, not a medicine. The medicine is HYDROXYchloroquine, lol. See, this is where some people need to "check" their personal feelings regarding the president and instead look at data and information.... instead of believing fake (or to be 100% fair, INCOMPLETE and/or MISLEADING) news lol.

A Darwin Award recipient has only himself to blame, not Trump.

And that's as far as I'll get into politics... but the bias here can be blinding sometimes. Let's talk actual facts instead, shall we?

Trump is going to get people killed. These Trumptards are the same people who look outside their window and see snow then say "SEE THERE'S NO GLOBAL WARMING, ITS SNOWING!" Maybe they should all go out and lick some smurfing doorknobs and get it over with since they're so damn smart.

Trump cares about one thing, getting re-elected. This is what's driving his desire to "open America back up". He had one thing going for him, the economy, and now that's going to shit. He's willing to get thousands upon thousands and possibly a couple million Americans killed to maintain his grip on power.

It's so comforting to know that the lives of Americans depends on what some douchebag on Fox News gets into Trump's ear in the evening.

Some percentage of those 46,212 living people are going to die, Somewhere between 400 and 1200.

Coronavirus Cases: 54,808 Deaths: 775 Recovered: 378

https://www.worldometers.in...

New York Governor Cuomo says: [live streaming] Peak number of cases is still 2 to 3 weeks away in New York "We've procured about 7,000 ventilators. We need, as a minimum, other 30,000 ventilators. This is a critical and desperate need for ventilators [..] We need them in 14 days. Fema is sending 400 ventilators only. Federal action is needed to address this now through the Federal Defense Production Act" "The numbers are higher in New York because it started here first, it has a lot of international travelers and has high density, but you will see this in cities all across the country, and in suburban communities. Where we are today, you'll be in 4 weeks or 6 weeks. Probably "hundreds of thousands of people" have already had Covid-19, didn't know they had it, and recovered. Should be tested for antibodies so they could go back to work and keep the economy going

Sometimes the conversation around "losses" borders on the surreal, then sometimes it passes straight into something else entirely.

When people discuss how many may or may not die, they begin to treat those numbers as an abstract concepts and not as the very real people those numbers represent. That way, they are able to process what they are saying without regard to the real world where all of us must live.

It drives me nuts.

Those "acceptable losses" for the so-called "greater good" are the stuff that some generals talked about during WW2 and Korea, where the attitude was "so long as we win, the losses are okay". It continued well into the Viet Nam conflict, which more of us can recall.

But the people who said that never had to face a family mourning a loss, and that was "war". I would challenge anyone who thinks casualties numbering in the thousands is "acceptable" to volunteer to be the one who knocks on the doors of those houses and explains it in person to the grieving family therein.

Moreover,there are entire towns in the US where the population is less than the total number of deaths predicted in this disaster. Chances are that more than one of us lives in a town or community like that. If your entire town was wiped from the map because of this outbreak, I am sure that would have an effect.

No, ALL lives matter in this case. Consigning older folks (like us) to the dustbin simply so that the economy remains robust (or, as some have said, the rich can maintain their lifestyle) comes with a connotation I was sure we'd moved 'way past...

Or at least, I was sure.

Good thing this is a "no politics" forum! LMFAO

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

This forum seems to skew around 80% lefties and TDS sufferers, once we start to drift away from music related posts. I would advise conservatives not to bother with politics here. Orange man bad.

There is so much misinformation here, I can't even begin. So I won't.

Ruger, your math is about as useful as a box of pig snot and most certainly doesn't add up to "so far, so good!" But there is clearly no reasoning with you, either.

Stay well, everyone. I'm over and out of this discussion.

Sorry to hear that, JB..

But it brings up another point. We are all very happy to rely on experts like Tavo, Paul Setzer and of course, Ed when it comes to the most minute details about our Gretsches. We appreciate the breadth and scope of their knowlege, and applaud them on these pages almost daily.

But we have medical professionals and folks with honest scientific knowledge on here when it comes to explaining issues like Corona, yet it's almost inevitable that at least one of them will be hounded out of the discussion based on nothing more than a quote in a news item.

Why are we happy and eager to listen to the experts when it comes to guitars, yet so quick to dismiss other experts in a field like this who are dealing with the problem every day?

I truly don't understand it.

And now, I'm out for the night. My mood has been sunk and I need to find something to cheer me up.

Opinions are fine, but be careful stating them as fact...

A couple of weeks old, but still relevant: https://time.com/5798168/co...

https://slate.com/technolog...

https://abcnews.go.com/Heal...

as of yesterday: Total cases: 44,183 Total deaths: 544 =1.2% ...and as a couple of the articles above explain, that is very likely to fall in the coming weeks.

Someone ran the numbers: mortality rate is falling (as explained above):

March 8 - 541 case/22 deaths = 4.06%
March 10- 994 cases/30 deaths = 3.01%
March 12 - 1695 cases/42 deaths = 2.52%
March 14 - 2954 cases/ 57 deaths = 1.93%

March 18- 9003 cases/ 150 deaths = 1.66%

I reiterate, so far, so good.... especially when compared to Italy. And most of these numbers were before these "several new treatment candidates" were being used (like chloroquine).

– ruger9

Well, good luck with this prediction.

Josh, thanks for all you do and the rest of the medical folks here. Hope to see you and the rest of the Gang in August.

i can't wait to get past this.

I can pretty much guarantee that for some, 1.26% will be just fine...until that is, 1 of that 1.26% happens to be YOUR parent...YOUR grandparent...YOUR spouse....YOUR son....YOUR daughter...YOUR grandchild...YOUR sibling.

THEN, it will be WHY did our government not do MORE to help US.

It's too bad that for some among us, especially some in our "leadership", it is fine for the poop to hit the fan...as long as it's not our own personal fan.

We all are suffering!

Register Sign in to join the conversation