Miscellaneous Rumbles

Post Cool Photos of Your Band in Action (Past, Present, Future)

Now there's something you don't see every day. . .

Thanks for posting this, Deed!

– AndyJ

Well, that was pretty much their only gig. I couldn’t help but post in this thread, all these great old and new band pics.

Okay, I'll play along too.

This is from a performance last Fourth of July. Not a Gretsch in sight except for my Executive amplifier.

– Ric12string

What kind of music do you guys play Bob?

Wow. giffenf sure looks different in this photo!

– Ric12string

Lol...The Leapin' Lizards was a project I created back in 2011 with my partner Terry Rangno. I moved on in 2013.

Me and "Annie" at Topanga Days 2012.

– LarryR

Cat's eyes!

1959, with my first electric guitar (Silvertone, of course) playing "Rawhide" during the talent show at Chicago's South Shore High School. One of those days I felt a seismic shift in my universe ... and I REALLY liked the feeling.

'84 ish, Paris I think. Harmony Meteor.

1959, with my first electric guitar (Silvertone, of course) playing "Rawhide" during the talent show at Chicago's South Shore High School. One of those days I felt a seismic shift in my universe ... and I REALLY liked the feeling.

– wgnhim

Great suit!

Larry beat me to it. He was a founder of the band, I just came along a few guitar players later.

Here's one taken this last Sunday at a Facebook Live broadcast . . .

What kind of music do you guys play Bob?

– farmerbrown

Sorry to not have seen this earlier. We play instrumental rock and surf guitar music. Having been a singer my entire life, I wanted to try this because I knew it would get me out of my comfort zone. It has been so much fun learning all of these old songs.

Sorry to not have seen this earlier. We play instrumental rock and surf guitar music. Having been a singer my entire life, I wanted to try this because I knew it would get me out of my comfort zone. It has been so much fun learning all of these old songs.

– Ric12string

The best part about being in an instrumental band: never having to set up a PA ever again!

The best part about being in an instrumental band: never having to set up a PA ever again!

– Otter

Actually, a PA is needed because I speak between songs.

But, there are some advantages:

• Never having to worry about whether your bandmates can actually sing or not when hiring them to be in the band.

• Never having to stop the rehearsal to focus on the vocal harmonies.

• Never having to be concerned if my voice feels a little raspy from having sung too much the night before, or any other reason.

• Never having to worry if I, or another bandmate, am singing off pitch (most people tend to sing a little flat rather than a little sharp).

My band the Podunk Poets taken Saturday at the Autry Museum of the American West.

My band the Podunk Poets taken Saturday at the Autry Museum of the American West.

– jacodiego

Cool pic!

Cool pic!

– AndyJ

Thanks. It looks like we have some famous people in our band!

Slinging my 6118 in the first band I was in post-retirement.

Current band: Prairie Dogma. Slinging a 1980 Martin D-35.

From my Svenska dansband days.

Me as my Wahi' Natives character. This was a couple years ago, but I did him in 2017 as well.

Usually I just play as me, but on occasion, the masks come out. IN65

...------

I believe I was doing an original, "Footstompin' East."

Plano Theater Center in Plano, Texas, just north of Dallas.

Addendum: The guitar is a Liberty Style O wood resonator.

...------

... first concert with my new 53 duo jet...

Flying with my Gretsch...

Flying with my Gretsch...

– NicolasM

Now that is something that you don't see all that often with a Gretsch. Looks like you are having some fun there. I'd try that but I hope to live for a few more years instead.

Yes, we try to have some fun...

Register Sign in to join the conversation