Miscellaneous Rumbles

Post Cool Photos of Your Band in Action (Past, Present, Future)

Aww!! Thanks Crowbone! Recorded and mixed to tape! No bits and bites were used during the recording of that album.

– WB

Just the listening!

Not the best photo of me, but a great action shot of the band. Sharkattack!! in Nola, Summer 2016

Me and "Annie" at Topanga Days 2012.

– LarryR

Wow. giffenf sure looks different in this photo!

Okay, I'll play along too.

This is from a performance last Fourth of July. Not a Gretsch in sight except for my Executive amplifier.

...and then.

– crowbone

Is that guy holding a fish?

What, your band doesn't have a fish player?

As we don't have many good photo's of our band, can i post a video?

– will

Yes I prefer a video when the band is this good!

On stage with Jah Malla 1979

Great stuff . . .

Is that guy holding a fish?

– Gretsch6123

Yes!

Our band, Love Chunks, was the collection of bartenders and the booker of the Khyber Pass in Philly, and all but Kurt played, but we didn't want to leave him out, so we told him he could play the fish...you know, one of those percussion type things with ridges on the back that you zip a stick across?

Well, Kurt shows up with this thing at our first gig, puts a condom over the mic and sticks it in the fish to get a muted "Bump" sound when the volume was turned up. He made a duct tape strap, and away he went.

Strippers, Bodyguards chugging beers, and constant Strobe lights all while we were onstage. We played for two years, were awful, and people loved it. Lots of fun gigs with The Dead Milkmen, Electric Love Muffin, and a one off with Nirvana.

Yes!

Our band, Love Chunks, was the collection of bartenders and the booker of the Khyber Pass in Philly, and all but Kurt played, but we didn't want to leave him out, so we told him he could play the fish...you know, one of those percussion type things with ridges on the back that you zip a stick across?

Well, Kurt shows up with this thing at our first gig, puts a condom over the mic and sticks it in the fish to get a muted "Bump" sound when the volume was turned up. He made a duct tape strap, and away he went.

Strippers, Bodyguards chugging beers, and constant Strobe lights all while we were onstage. We played for two years, were awful, and people loved it. Lots of fun gigs with The Dead Milkmen, Electric Love Muffin, and a one off with Nirvana.

– crowbone

That's great!! Amazing, I don't think you could get away with that these days

Long ago in 1989 in De Melkweg in Amsterdam. The good old Psychobilly days....

Cool pic, Deed!

Long ago in 1989 in De Melkweg in Amsterdam. The good old Psychobilly days....

– Danman

Great picture. Who would have thought that you have a psychobilly history What band was that?

Can't match that one, Deed.

The Number 9 Blacktops (I'm on guitar). 2016 at a festival in Finland

Live duo with Eddie Spaghetti (Supersuckers)

– Deed Eddy

Now there's something you don't see every day. . .

Thanks for posting this, Deed!

Great picture. Who would have thought that you have a psychobilly history What band was that?

– blueflame

Hey Blueflame! Ha ha, why? Because I have no hair left? .... ; )

I played in The Skrunch. From 85-90 we played in loads of bars, clubs and festivals in Holland, Belgium and Germany and even Austin, Texas in 87. Often we were the support band for the bigger British Psycho bands. I think we supported almost all of them except for the Meteors, which were my favorite at the time. Fun times! It's amazing how a crappy band like us could play so many gigs and even record two LPs....... ; )

I found this picture of my band Scrammers on the internet. It was taken a couple years ago at the North Sea Surf Festival in the Melkweg in Amsterdam.

Register Sign in to join the conversation