Miscellaneous Rumbles

Conspiracy theorists share schematic for “5G chip” they claim is im…

I thought der Heävy Metäl was a brilliant pedal when it came out: the sound of the day, as painstakingly achieved in studios with racks of compression, EQ, überamps, and mic'ing techniques, built into a little box. You were one stomp away from that sound.

I didn't want to sound like that, and in its way I found it as hilarious as the Miku pedal...so you know. I didn't get one.

But they sold like hotcakes in the music store. Actually, infinitely better than hotcakes. We didn't sell hotcakes in the music store. The diner was down the street, and we told the Roland rep that if sold Heavy Metals to the diner, we were done with the Boss franchise.

That showed'em.

The real question is: do hotcakes or Heävy Metäls cause more arterial blockage?

Metal Zone, Tim, not Heavy Metal. They actually sound quite different.

All of this has me wondering if Tim isn’t working with Bill Gates to expand his pedalboard by making us all into walking effects pedals that he can network into his epic floor rig.

In the Matrix, we were used as batteries to run the machines. This version of the construct is more rock and roll. I’ve had the vaccine for a week. I’ll let you all know if a pair of 1/4” jacks sprout from my neck.

Eh, metal this, metal that.

Apparently my mind is all fuzzy.

Tim isn’t working with Bill Gates to expand his pedalboard by making us all into walking effects pedals that he can network into his epic floor rig.In the Matrix, we were used as batteries to run the machines. This version of the construct is more rock and roll. I’ve had the vaccine for a week. I’ll let you all know if a pair of 1/4” jacks sprout from my neck.

Ooh, I like this! And it’s important to recognize that the vaccine DOES also carry the anti-Covid punch, because y’all gotta be healthy enough to hold hands to connect the fx chain. Otherwise the use of your nervous system as circuit path would be for naught.

That’s the power of the Fxtrix - set up signal paths and topologies just by having the peodple rearrange themselves. Make sure you wear your ID t-shirts so I can tell who is what effect - at least until the mutagens are fully active and bio-somataform you into your new optimized cases. (I mean, bodies. Oops.)

Until you’re all upgraded to full wi-fi send and receive and we get a reliable dynamic addressing scheme worked out - or you’re naturally psychic - holding hands and/or some alternative auto-latching skin-to-skin contact are the only way to conduct sufficient current. Those electrons can’t jump through thin air, y’know.

Do I swallow the red LED or the blue LED?

All of this has me wondering if Tim isn’t working with Bill Gates to expand his pedalboard by making us all into walking effects pedals that he can network into his epic floor rig.

In the Matrix, we were used as batteries to run the machines. This version of the construct is more rock and roll. I’ve had the vaccine for a week. I’ll let you all know if a pair of 1/4” jacks sprout from my neck.

– JBGretschGuy

1/4” or USB.

Apparently my mind is all fuzzy.

i see what you did there.

OMG! This is so ridiculous but what's really sad was when talking about this with a few coworkers and exclaiming "They actually think they're going to get a chip in their vaccine." I got the deer in the headlights look like I was the idiot.

I'm stunned at how high the gullibility rate is right now.

i don't know whether it's worse now, or if the prominence of conspiracy theory on the internet and on alternate media makes it more obvious. back in the early 80s i told a couple of New Agers "just because someone wrote it down in a book doesn't mean it's true" and watched their faces drop as though i'd told them Santa wasn't real, and there are a lot of people who don't even read.

I'VE GOT A DELAY CIRCUIT IN MY HEAD!

i've got a delay circuit in my head..

I've got a delay circuit in my head...

i repeat myself when under stress

i repeat myself when under stress

i don't know whether it's worse now, or if the prominence of conspiracy theory on the internet and on alternate media makes it more obvious. back in the early 80s i told a couple of New Agers "just because someone wrote it down in a book doesn't mean it's true" and watched their faces drop as though i'd told them Santa wasn't real, and there are a lot of people who don't even read.

– macphisto

Definitely worse now as everyone has access to all manner of opinion-presented-as-fact. Not only that we have the chance to spread it around so much easier. For all its good the internet has fuelled a great deal of garbage as well.

I once played in a band with a guy whose eagerness to play generally outweighed his competence. We turned up at rehearsals one day to run through a new song for our set (not a particularly difficult one either, an old Johnny Cash song as I recall) and he was playing all the wrong chords (no Eric Morecambe jokes please ). When I picked him up on it his defence was they can't be as he'd downloaded the chord charts from the internet.

I quit soon after that.

True bypass... of the brain.

The real question is, does it get injected before or after the tin-foil hat?

True bypass... of the brain.

or a really efficient reality buffer.

A real shame they didn't use the Waza Craft version

The beauty (or convenience) of conspiracy theory is it doesn’t require a shred of evidence.

my favorite flat-earther thing was when one of their spokespeople tweeted that they had "followers all over the globe."

"Illusory Pattern Perception" explains it all!

EDIT: that, and, fox lied and people died.

When things are out of tune, when the rhythm is off you just know it.... you feel it...

Don’t need a fancy device to tell you that!

When things are out of tune, when the rhythm is off you just know it.... you feel it...

Don’t need a fancy device to tell you that!

– Hipbone

Metronome users may disagree!

Metronome users may disagree!

– crowbone

The Metronome is a soulless device invented to program simple minds into submission.

The Metronome is a soulless device invented to program simple minds into submission.

– Hipbone

Agreed, tempo isn’t everything. Did you know for example Be Bop a Lula starts at around 120bpm, but by the time Dickie Harrell let’s out his first scream it’s up to about 128/130, mostly due to Gene rushing the tempo in the tacet bits.

But the record is all the better for it.

Tempo and rhythm are two different things. In many situations, tempo should fluctuate.

Rhythm may be supple and slippery, but when it's lost...the music's over.

Register Sign in to join the conversation