Miscellaneous Rumbles

Clocks?

When I was a kid, my mom found an original bakelite Kit-Cat Klock with the moving tail and eyes. It hung in her kitchen for many years. Such a great memory, that I bought a modern battery operated version which still hangs in my kitchen. Did anyone else have one growing up? Apparently, wikipedia says they still sell at an average of one every 3 minutes for the past 50 years.

– Steeple923

I love that one! And seeing the original makes my reissued one look like a really cheap toy. Nevertheless I still like it my guitar room. I just had to have one after seeing Back to the Future.

Speaking of clocks, Foxy has a thing for that too. We're going for an MCM interior and she's collecting various nice examples. All those nice clocks in our house and I'm still running late everywhere...

When I was a kid, my mom found an original bakelite Kit-Cat Klock with the moving tail and eyes. It hung in her kitchen for many years. Such a great memory, that I bought a modern battery operated version which still hangs in my kitchen. Did anyone else have one growing up? Apparently, wikipedia says they still sell at an average of one every 3 minutes for the past 50 years.

– Steeple923

Friends of ours have one of those older AC-powered Kit Cat clocks at their log cabin.

Very Kit-schy, but it fits right in with that cabin's decor.

This Le Coultre was my grandparents'.

I need to find someone to get it running again.

I need to find someone to get it running again.

– wyowill

This is the clock I mentioned I would buy for my dad [and my great-uncle, too]! The Atmos, runs on changes in barometric pressure [and temperature?].

There’s a guy in Minnesota. Not cheap at all.

http://www.curtsclocks.com/

My parents had an Atmos...eventually they need new seals.

Beautiful Clocks.

Thanks for the link, Hammerhands.

Register Sign in to join the conversation