Miscellaneous Rumbles

Brian Setzer Concert film Osaka Rocka!

the link I got in email today said blue ray, dvd, cd, and digital downloads for both audio recording and video

– Rey Allen (Jeff O)

I'll have to keep on the lookout for it and would be a nice addition to the Live In Japan which really is an awesome performance.

Yeah, reissue Rock Tokyo and this one....

Just did the pre-order for the blue ray/CD. Should be delivered in early November. I am also a fan of the Live In Japan dvd

Good stuff! I like that Brian always tries to do something different with his older songs - great arrangement of "Drive Like Lightning..." with guitar, piano, bass, and drums.

As much as I dig Brian's rockabilly stuff....

...Am I the only one here who prefers the BSO?

...apparently so....

If anyone else is interested ,I emailed Brian's website about the availability of a regular DVD,Kalie said a DVD was released in Japan only ,Blu-ray everywhere else.

https://translate.google.co...

If anyone else is interested ,I emailed Brian's website about the availability of a regular DVD,Kalie said a DVD was released in Japan only ,Blu-ray everywhere else.

https://translate.google.co...

– JCHiggy

Eff that. Brian should be ashamed tsk tsk.

I got my Blu-Ray Dvd This last weekend. It was great, over too soon though.. Also my 13yr was put off by Kevin hiding an electronic keyboard inside a perfectly good upright piano. This is NOT really rockabilly :)

Eff that. Brian should be ashamed tsk tsk.

– ruger9

Agreed. I was going crazy trying to confirm if a DVD was in the package. Is the video available in the US iTunes store? Only the audio was in the CDN store. Aggravating.

Man I love hearing him play, but does anyone else think his stage antics are super corny? Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to watch.

Agreed. I was going crazy trying to confirm if a DVD was in the package. Is the video available in the US iTunes store? Only the audio was in the CDN store. Aggravating.

– Daddy Dog

My email stated "In the states, it's available on Blu-ray/CD or you can buy the video and CD on iTunes"

What seems to be available for the UK is a Blu-Ray /CD package ,so 2 disc's.

But i would require a multi region Blu-Ray player.

From Amazon.co.uk;

"*Note to customers Region A encoding. This Blu-ray will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in the UK [Region B]. This item requires a region specific or multi-region Blu-ray player. "

'I thought Blue Ray was that dodgey bloke who sold dirty videos in the pub car park' - Peter Kay

What seems to be available for the UK is a Blu-Ray /CD package ,so 2 disc's.

But i would require a multi region Blu-Ray player.

From Amazon.co.uk;

"*Note to customers Region A encoding. This Blu-ray will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in the UK [Region B]. This item requires a region specific or multi-region Blu-ray player. "

– JCHiggy

CD and Blu-ray in the 2 disc package, works perfect w my Playstation 4 !!

(dodgy bloke in a car park..hehee)

CD and Blu-ray in the 2 disc package, works perfect w my Playstation 4 !!

(dodgy bloke in a car park..hehee)

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

Those devices usually are all coded. So with standard units not to watch in the U.K. or Europe. That's stupid business behaviour. But I'm sure it's all bombcityrocker's fault. ;)

Those devices usually are all coded. So with standard units not to watch in the U.K. or Europe. That's stupid business behaviour. But I'm sure it's all bombcityrocker's fault. ;)

– sascha

wow thats out of the blue, and funny as heck!!! Dang it :)

I just ordered mine and it should be here tomorrow. Looking forward! I went to the Rockabilly Riot show in Amsterdam and it was great.

I just ordered mine and it should be here tomorrow. Looking forward! I went to the Rockabilly Riot show in Amsterdam and it was great.

– Mike2000

What format did you order?

What format did you order?

– sascha

I ordered it at bol [dot] com

Engels - Blu-ray - 2 disks - Regio 2 - oktober 2016

I had two €5,- coupons from a previous order so it was a steal really!

Thanks. That should work. Let us know if so. I found two offerings here and both say 'Import' and don't list a region.

I bought my copy online from a Norwegian store (www.platekompaniet.no). And I can't find any info regarding region anywhere on the disc, nor on the cover. Just out of curiosity, I checked a few other blu-rays in my collection, and there are no region codes on those either. While on DVDs, there's the "globe" icon with a number on top.

I wouldn't be surprised if blu-ray discs are region free, plain and simple. Not saying it's a fact, but none of my blu-rays have region codes listed.

Oh, and the show is great, BTW! Highly recommended, if you haven't already bought it.

Anders

Register Sign in to join the conversation