Miscellaneous Rumbles

Brian Setzer Concert film Osaka Rocka!

the link I got in email today said blue ray, dvd, cd, and digital downloads for both audio recording and video

– Rey Allen (Jeff O)

I'll have to keep on the lookout for it and would be a nice addition to the Live In Japan which really is an awesome performance.

Yeah, reissue Rock Tokyo and this one....

Just did the pre-order for the blue ray/CD. Should be delivered in early November. I am also a fan of the Live In Japan dvd

Good stuff! I like that Brian always tries to do something different with his older songs - great arrangement of "Drive Like Lightning..." with guitar, piano, bass, and drums.

As much as I dig Brian's rockabilly stuff....

...Am I the only one here who prefers the BSO?

...apparently so....

If anyone else is interested ,I emailed Brian's website about the availability of a regular DVD,Kalie said a DVD was released in Japan only ,Blu-ray everywhere else.

https://translate.google.co...

If anyone else is interested ,I emailed Brian's website about the availability of a regular DVD,Kalie said a DVD was released in Japan only ,Blu-ray everywhere else.

https://translate.google.co...

– JCHiggy

Eff that. Brian should be ashamed tsk tsk.

I got my Blu-Ray Dvd This last weekend. It was great, over too soon though.. Also my 13yr was put off by Kevin hiding an electronic keyboard inside a perfectly good upright piano. This is NOT really rockabilly :)

Eff that. Brian should be ashamed tsk tsk.

– ruger9

Agreed. I was going crazy trying to confirm if a DVD was in the package. Is the video available in the US iTunes store? Only the audio was in the CDN store. Aggravating.

Man I love hearing him play, but does anyone else think his stage antics are super corny? Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to watch.

Agreed. I was going crazy trying to confirm if a DVD was in the package. Is the video available in the US iTunes store? Only the audio was in the CDN store. Aggravating.

– Daddy Dog

My email stated "In the states, it's available on Blu-ray/CD or you can buy the video and CD on iTunes"

What seems to be available for the UK is a Blu-Ray /CD package ,so 2 disc's.

But i would require a multi region Blu-Ray player.

From Amazon.co.uk;

"*Note to customers Region A encoding. This Blu-ray will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in the UK [Region B]. This item requires a region specific or multi-region Blu-ray player. "

'I thought Blue Ray was that dodgey bloke who sold dirty videos in the pub car park' - Peter Kay

What seems to be available for the UK is a Blu-Ray /CD package ,so 2 disc's.

But i would require a multi region Blu-Ray player.

From Amazon.co.uk;

"*Note to customers Region A encoding. This Blu-ray will not play on most Blu-ray players sold in the UK [Region B]. This item requires a region specific or multi-region Blu-ray player. "

– JCHiggy

CD and Blu-ray in the 2 disc package, works perfect w my Playstation 4 !!

(dodgy bloke in a car park..hehee)

CD and Blu-ray in the 2 disc package, works perfect w my Playstation 4 !!

(dodgy bloke in a car park..hehee)

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

Those devices usually are all coded. So with standard units not to watch in the U.K. or Europe. That's stupid business behaviour. But I'm sure it's all bombcityrocker's fault. ;)

Those devices usually are all coded. So with standard units not to watch in the U.K. or Europe. That's stupid business behaviour. But I'm sure it's all bombcityrocker's fault. ;)

– sascha

wow thats out of the blue, and funny as heck!!! Dang it :)

I just ordered mine and it should be here tomorrow. Looking forward! I went to the Rockabilly Riot show in Amsterdam and it was great.

I just ordered mine and it should be here tomorrow. Looking forward! I went to the Rockabilly Riot show in Amsterdam and it was great.

– Mike2000

What format did you order?

What format did you order?

– sascha

I ordered it at bol [dot] com

Engels - Blu-ray - 2 disks - Regio 2 - oktober 2016

I had two €5,- coupons from a previous order so it was a steal really!

Thanks. That should work. Let us know if so. I found two offerings here and both say 'Import' and don't list a region.

I bought my copy online from a Norwegian store (www.platekompaniet.no). And I can't find any info regarding region anywhere on the disc, nor on the cover. Just out of curiosity, I checked a few other blu-rays in my collection, and there are no region codes on those either. While on DVDs, there's the "globe" icon with a number on top.

I wouldn't be surprised if blu-ray discs are region free, plain and simple. Not saying it's a fact, but none of my blu-rays have region codes listed.

Oh, and the show is great, BTW! Highly recommended, if you haven't already bought it.

Anders

Register Sign in to join the conversation