Miscellaneous Rumbles

Brian Setzer Concert film Osaka Rocka!

Let's talk about happy guitar stuff

Bit it seems only available as DVD?!?

Ok, there ist still hope. While the japanese link in the description of this video Link still just shows the DVDs, they have added bluray in the video title

Cool! I didn't know Setzer played a Falcon. Is it vintage or custom shop?

Tavo, thought you'd choose this one!

Tavo, thought you'd choose this one!

– Mr Tubs

this will sound bad but.. I hate that song sooo much now, and I bet Setz does too.:) Its been overplayed for decades. (Gimme Rock This Town, any day)

In the words of Joe Walsh when asked about Hotel California's success, he said: "If I'd known this song was was gonna be so successful, he would have picked something else" ...I believe I have grossly misstated the quote but that was the soul of it, as I recall.

So i'm going to have to buy a Blu-Ray player just so i can watch this,thanks Brian.

I can watch the Rumble in Brixton dvd anytime. Amazing film,

– Vince_Ray

Me too, I'm there.

– Vince_Ray

I watched it 2 times, enjoyed it. I have an obsession with the Live in Japan Dvd and stray cats 81' live at rockpalast performance

I watched it 2 times, enjoyed it. I have an obsession with the Live in Japan Dvd and stray cats 81' live at rockpalast performance

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

I also have an obsession with the Live in Japan DVD.

Be nice to see Live in Japan on blu. Such an amazing performance.

Be nice to see Live in Japan on blu. Such an amazing performance.

– mark t

whats kinda strange w that Live in Japan recording supposedly was shot w high definition? And thus when I got the DVD, I had an upconverted player (it was techi hip at one point) and a large Toshiba CTR monitor. It was totally high def. (as we knew it then) Shortly after I got one of the HD DVD players (when the toss up between HD and bluray was going on) and a flat screen 1080p. The DVD instantly looked like crap... They NEED to release that as blu ray for my PS4! :)

I'll be getting the new one for sure.

My favorite BSO DVD:

I've also enjoyed this Sessions at W 54th performance. Don't know if it's available on DVD.

whats kinda strange w that Live in Japan recording supposedly was shot w high definition? And thus when I got the DVD, I had an upconverted player (it was techi hip at one point) and a large Toshiba CTR monitor. It was totally high def. (as we knew it then) Shortly after I got one of the HD DVD players (when the toss up between HD and bluray was going on) and a flat screen 1080p. The DVD instantly looked like crap... They NEED to release that as blu ray for my PS4! :)

I remember talking to Tommy when I reviewed that one, and I believe both Japan and Brixton were shot in HD. I'd rebuy both in the heartbeat on an HD format.

Montreal was cool on blu, but but was there, up front...the TV experience doesn't match being in that crowd. Me and my buddies from the horn section partied it up that night!

My favorite remains Live in Japan. This new one look interesting tho....

Rumble was just OK, the Canadian one "Big Band" is pretty good. The XMAS one is FANTASTIC, but only at Xmas lol.

Well, Live in Japan was the Orchestra and the Rumble in Brixton was the Stray Cats of course. Great extras, great filming (I think it won an award) and as i was involved in it....it's my favourite. Vain I know, but I'm proud of it.

you dont have blu-ray? My mind is scrambled :)

No i don't sir.

I'm not really in to buying lots of films or tv box sets ,i got conned on that back in the 80's /90's ,i have over 300 old vhs ,i'm not going there again. I don't even watch much tv these days,i do get given films as gifts ,but that's it. When i do buy any dvds they're usually music related and that isn't very often either,just don't see the need to upgrade,cause as soon as you do another new format comes out that will be ,supposedly, better than the last.

I'll probably buy it anyway for the cd,hopefully someone will upload the dvd to YouTube. I have most of the dvds that Brian has put out over the years,i'd like to see the Stray Cats VHS videos reissued on dvd.but i'll not hold my breath on that.

So i'm going to have to buy a Blu-Ray player just so i can watch this,thanks Brian.

– JCHiggy

the link I got in email today said blue ray, dvd, cd, and digital downloads for both audio recording and video

Cheers Rey,i'll not pre order just yet ,and see what turns up!

Register Sign in to join the conversation