Miscellaneous Rumbles

Bitcoin - WTF?

I commented on this thread a couple of years ago and I still don’t get it or trust it today.

The blockchain technology is supposed to keep your bitcoin safe. Apparently not. A hacker stole some from the Silk Road guy and the DOJ got their hacker to steal it from the first hacker.

https://www.wsj.com/article...

I dunno, I've been watching the ups and downs of the entire cryptocurrency world, and I've come to the conclusion that I would probably do better at a Vegas Blackjack table in the long run (and I don't do very well there, fyi). I've had it proven to me more than once that NOTHING is 100% safe in the online world. I believe it.

I'm with those who prefer to be able at some point to put something in their hand and say "This is mine. I earned it (in some way)" than point to a largely imaginary number on some screen and say the same, hoping all the while that it's really and truly worth what it says it is.

It's why I have a bunch of nice, safe "blue chip" accounts with a couple of local institutions. Everything is insured and if I need access to it, it's no more than a week away from actually being in my hand, if I prefer.

Call me old-fashioned, and while your at it bartender, build me one, too.

Excuse me for being off topic but is there trend toward nostalgia working? Under New Topics a 3 year old thread and this two year old thread are revived. Just find that curious.

Both resurrected by the same bot by the looks of it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation