Miscellaneous Rumbles

Bacon

Had some bacon wrapped grilled prawns that were pretty toothsome.

I think I like applewood smoked bacon the bestest.

Vegetables will kill you. I hate vegetables. Just ask Crowbone. The idea that vegetables are good for you is pure crap. Trust me, I know. My Drill instructor made me eat some in 1987. I got sick. Bacon saved my life. Vegetables are evil. I spit on vegetables. They suck like disco.

Vegetables will kill you. I hate vegetables. Just ask Crowbone. The idea that vegetables are good for you is pure crap. Trust me, I know. My Drill instructor made me eat some in 1987. I got sick. Bacon saved my life. Vegetables are evil. I spit on vegetables. They suck like disco.

– Unclegrumpy

– UncleGrumpy

Except for bacon wrapped grilled asparagus. That does not suck ;-)

Okay. I'll have to try that. But all other vegetables are evil.

That Grumpy does hate some veggies. Downright grumpy towards 'em.

Proteus, my brother in law has 500 acres up in New Breton. Beautiful place. Incredible fishing!

I couldn't find a chunk of fish worth cooking, so I wound up doing what my sons suggested:

Bacon weaved steak!

Came out perfect looking and tasting

Not only delish and awful for you, but now my whole house smells like bacon!

I can hear my arteries clogging.

– UncleGrumpy

– Bonedaddy

– UncleGrumpy

– Bonedaddy

Those are really good. Unlike my Marine buddy, I like vegetables and asperagus is one of my favorites. About the only vegetable I've come across that I don't like is okra and it's a texture thing. Battered, deep fried okra is great.

I had waffles and bacon for dinner. I think it was just an excuse to ingest more bacon.

Venison poppers:

Prepare deer steak by soaking it in a mixture of water and white vinegar (typically we use 1 cup of white vinegar per 2 gallons of water) This will draw the blood out of the deer meat. Let it sit for about 15 minutes in the solution. Get rid of the used pinkish colored solution and make another batch of the clear solution. Soak the meat again 15 minutes.

Rub cayenne pepper, salt, garlic powder, and onion powder on the steaks if you want to really customize the flavor. You can just use some Tony Chacere's cajun seasoning if you want to do things the easy way. It will do just fine all by its lonesome.- I just use Tony's because it is fairly fool proof.

Here is the fun part- Slice a bell pepper into wedges. Slather on a tablespoon of cream cheese. The bell pepper and cream chees will look like a little boat. Pop in a cube of deer meat. Wrap the entire thing with a piece of thick sliced bacon. Poke them with a toothpick to hold the entire thing together. Smoke the deer meat poppers in your smoker using your favorite wood chips.

The cream cheese keeps the entire package moist. The fat drippings from the bacon seep into the deer meat. The bell pepper also prevents the deer meat from scorching and adds a lovely flavor. The Tony Chacere's seasoning gives it some spice and zing. These are really good apetizers. They are popular when we entertain people at our place. The tray always comes back empty and people are always asking if we have any more of those bacon wrapped poppers.

Bacon is great. I raise my own. The slaughterhouse I use is not only USDA inspected, but also certified humane. I treat my pigs very well and they only eat grain. Here are Jake and Elwood kicking back earlier this year. They currently reside in a freezer in my basement.

Yes bacon! BLTs are my favorite weekend breakfast!

And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you. (Leviticus 11:7-8)

I love all of you filthy swine-eaters...or at least some of you.8-)

Guitarfarm-

Jake and Elwood in the freezer.

That's classic!

I'm still working on a bacon/maple smoothie. It will be a game-changer once it's perfected.

Tavo, that's my kind of bacon.

Proteus, I'm trying a similar variation of your diet and I can't lose any more weight either. Maybe we're just supposed to look like this at this age. 8-o

I aint giving up yet though.

Proteus, I'm trying a similar variation of your diet and I can't lose any more weight either. Maybe we're just supposed to look like this at this age. 8-o

– Suprdave

– Suprdave

I lost 12 pounds and an inch off my waist last year without really trying. All I did was drink about 3/4 cup of kefir every morning. Don't try the stuff in the grocery store, that stuff is dead. I get my cultures here - http://www.cheesemaking.com... and I use fresh raw goat's milk. Get some off a local farmer if you don't have your own goats. The first thing you will notice is that your energy levels rise and you will get hungry more often. I didn't even diet, the weight just came off anyway. Good luck!

I've made my own Kefir as well. Trader Joe's has a plain Kefir that is good too, not as good as home made, but 75% or so. And it indeed helps energy, digestion, and weight maintenance...much more than bacon does!

Having never heard of this, that's twice in two days this stuff has hit my radar. I'm now intrigued - what's the science?

– Suprdave

I lost 12 pounds and an inch off my waist last year without really trying. All I did was drink about 3/4 cup of kefir every morning. Don't try the stuff in the grocery store, that stuff is dead. I get my cultures here - http://www.cheesemaking.com... and I use fresh raw goat's milk. Get some off a local farmer if you don't have your own goats. The first thing you will notice is that your energy levels rise and you will get hungry more often. I didn't even diet, the weight just came off anyway. Good luck!

– GuitarFarm

– Suprdave

– GuitarFarm

You havent seen the movie Farmageddon have you.. apparently consuming raw milk is completely evil but vaccines are okay.. Raw milk in california can get you a life sentence. ??

no one gets sick on raw milk they get BETTER! I was raised on Alta Dena Dairy's Raw milk as a child along with their Kefir.. cant find it anymore.

Now I'm drinking this "lactose" free crap for the pro-biotics "lifeways kefir", why cant I have Kefir with lactose??

....farmageddon

Guitarfarm. Naming animals that you're going to eat! I'll have to think about that one. It's certainly not the French way.

– Suprdave

– GuitarFarm

You havent seen the movie Farmageddon have you.. apparently consuming raw milk is completely evil but vaccines are okay.. Raw milk in california can get you a life sentence. ??

no one gets sick on raw milk they get BETTER! I was raised on Alta Dena Dairy's Raw milk as a child along with their Kefir.. cant find it anymore.

Now I'm drinking this "lactose" free crap for the pro-biotics "lifeways kefir", why cant I have Kefir with lactose??

....farmageddon

– TheNocturneBrain.com

– Suprdave

– GuitarFarm

....farmageddon

– WIREDTURTLE here SINCE2002

Never heard of that movie. Don't watch much television anyway. I grew up on raw milk just as all my friends and my wife did. Can't remember any of us having all these food allergies that seem to plague children these days either. I know of so many children who are allergic to nuts, wheat, gluten, lactose, etc... it's a wonder they can eat anything at all. I grew up on raw milk, fresh eggs, and when we fell and skinned our knees we rubbed dirt in it and walked it off. These days I drink homemade kefir with milk that came out of the goat that day. Against the law for me to sell it, but they can't say a word about me using for personal consumption.

Register Sign in to join the conversation