Miscellaneous Rumbles

Ashland Tennessee, anyone live there or know of it?

The time has finally come to where I quit my job and looking to move somewhere close to Nashville. An apartment came up that looks suitable in Ashland so just wondered if any of you guys know the town?

If you are referring to Ashland City (as it is called here). It's a small "bedroom community" about 15 miles west of Nashville. The town is small and moves at a pretty slow pace compared to Nashville, but if that's what you're looking for, it should fit the bill. Nice small semi-rural town and the cost of living is way below Davidson county.

Hey thanks Tartan for the info. It's exactly what I'm looking for after 14 years of Los Angeles traffic and 4 million people. Where are you located?

You might have to inhale a bit of exhaust fumes now and then until your lungs get used to the cleaner air than they're used to.

Hey thanks Tartan for the info. It's exactly what I'm looking for after 14 years of Los Angeles traffic and 4 million people. Where are you located?

– Taffy

I'm in Murfreesboro-- about 30 miles southeast of Nashville on I-24. I've lived Nashville and Murfreesboro since 1990. My work takes me all over the middle Tennessee area, so I'm pretty familiar with surrounding towns.

It’s a ways out in the country, but it’s beautiful there. As The Phantom points out, it is most definitely Ashland City.

– Taffy

Taffy I'm from the LA area too. What part of the city are you from?

Great mushroom hunting in the woods, just mind the rattlers and be sure to spray your legs with bug spray. Lots of chiggers. (Mite larvae that bite you and make you itch). I really loved hiking in tn. Good luck escaping la

Great mushroom hunting in the woods, just mind the rattlers and be sure to spray your legs with bug spray. Lots of chiggers. (Mite larvae that bite you and make you itch). I really loved hiking in tn. Good luck escaping la

– munman

Sooooo... exactly what kind of mushrooms where you hunting? The culinary kind, or the recreational kind? We have both here, you know..

I found culinary kind. See Nashville thread. I posted pictures. I don't seek mind benders as my mind came prebent.

Taffy I'm from the LA area too. What part of the city are you from?

– ThePolecats

I'm in the picturesque garden of Van Nuys, or Nuts as spellchecker keeps saying and is more like it. Funnily though Van Nuys high school had Stacy Keach, Robert Redford, Jane Russel, Nathalie Wood AND Marylin Monroe as former pupils.

Natalie Wood, eh Taffy? Was there ever a more perfectly created lass than she?

Before you bail out of L.A. (I dont blame you one bit) Lets plan a little Carne Asada for you at my place. I'll invite the guys over and we can play some tunes and give you a good send off.

How about it.

Manny, you are lucky that I don't live in the Southland any longer or I would be crashing that party. Love carne asada, carnitas, and all the rest.

Hey Manny, thanks for that but I'll be out of here before the weekend with stuff to do beforehand.

Safe travels to you, Taffy. Keep us all updated on your journey, both geographic and professional.

It’s very, very cold today, Taffy. Bring your coat. And your gloves. Safe traveling to your new home.

In this situation, California's loss is certainly Tennessee's gain.

Thanks Deed and Bob I appreciate that, I'm well prepared for the climate change and to be honest looking forward to seeing a proper winter again. The last was in 2007 when I went to Chicago in January and froze my ass off. My GF at the time lived right off the lake and it was a foot of snow and 20 below wind chill brrrr. I'm not expecting that so it can't be all bad. I spoke to the guy renting the apartment today (we chatted last week too) and said do you need a deposit or any info from me? He said "No just let me know when you're in town and I'll meet with you" Blimey, are all folks there so laid back? If so, good, It'll be just like being home in Wales

Hey Tartan I'll be looking you up soon.

Before you bail out of L.A. (I dont blame you one bit) Lets plan a little Carne Asada for you at my place. I'll invite the guys over and we can play some tunes and give you a good send off.

How about it.

– LA_Manny

Get some tamales in East LA at La Mascota. Been going there for 20 years a few times a year. Just went last week. Sooooo good.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/la...

Natalie Wood, eh Taffy? Was there ever a more perfectly created lass than she?

– Ric12string

Yes Yvonne DeCarlo -

I'm in the picturesque garden of Van Nuys, or Nuts as spellchecker keeps saying and is more like it. Funnily though Van Nuys high school had Stacy Keach, Robert Redford, Jane Russel, Nathalie Wood AND Marylin Monroe as former pupils.

– Taffy

My high school turned out Cheryl Tiegs. Pretty good huh but 20 years before me.

Before you move you are welcome to stop by and see my Gretsch Club 1965.

You need a driver? I could fly out and drive one of your trucks, I would enjoy the adventure.

Better get your fill of Mexican food before you leave LA. Decent comidas Mexicano is very difficult to find as you get closer to the right coast.

Register Sign in to join the conversation