Miscellaneous Rumbles

Are you afraid of your woman

I’m getting married next month and the woman is fantastic. I never thought marriage was for me but when she proposed (!) it wasn’t even a decision, more like a wish come true.

Never have been, our relationship is built on equality and consideration for each other. The apology is a useful tool for both of us.

– DaddyG

awesome!

Never have been, our relationship is built on equality and consideration for each other. The apology is a useful tool for both of us.

– DaddyG

Me too. Kate & I have that same kind of thing going on. When we do not agree on something we each seem to be OK with giving each other space and respect.

Only when I buy a new guitar.

I'm afraid of my mother-in-law!

I have what I`m told is a great, mutually respectful relationship with my wife.

And she only made one change to that sentence.

i respect that.

I’m getting married next month and the woman is fantastic. I never thought marriage was for me but when she proposed (!) it wasn’t even a decision, more like a wish come true.

– Nick45

Congratulations!!!!!!

What was that line from "Predator", the Schwarzenegger movie?

"I'm scared"

"Bul$&it, You ain't afraid of no man!"

"There is something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man...."

Afraid? Yer kiddin' me, right? Here's something for you to ponder. Hate isn't the opposite of love. Fear is, however.

Been married to Patrice 39 years come the end of this coming August. She's my best friend.

Neither my wife nor I would stay in a marriage where one was afraid of the other.

Happily married almost 20 years now and anything before that is ancient history.There was,however,a fiancée once who started sleeping with my bass player.She talked him into threatening my life. Neither situation lasted very long after that...

As to wives, no,never, but I once had a girlfriend in the 70's that was probably a restrained stone killer. SHE scared me into leaving her in the dust....

Not as afraid as I am of her husband....

Seriously though, I'm with Strummerson on this one: the only thing I fear is her absence. What are the odds of there being two women crazy enough to marry me?

Of course not !!!!!

(My wife made me type that)

Not afraid of my wife. But my daughter is someone who you really don't want to cross.

Only when I buy a new guitar.

– GG

Ha! This is NO JOKE!! Me too!!!

The only way I can get away with it is... one comes, then one has to go.

And it's not a money thing, it's a space/clutter thing. I've already got 9 guitars in the house, on only 7 hangers, so I'm already 2 "behind"!

But other than that, I am never afraid of her, because I make sure all my actions are justified, thereby giving her no reason to be angry... and if she IS angry, that's ON HER. It's HER internal issue. Because I make sure my actions leave me nothing to feel guilty for.

There's a difference between her not liking something and me actually doing something wrong. There are alot of things neither of us like- that's life. But that's not the same thing as actually doing something worthy of guilt or anger.

FWIW... 29 years so far...

I'm afraid of my mother-in-law!

– NJDevil

I'm not afraid of her, but I avoid her as much as possible, because she annoys me... I believe she is passive-agressive towards me. Especially since her husband (my wife's dad) passed away last year, she is the matriarch of the family, and likes everything to be HER way. I gave her that for 1 year after he husband passed, but now, I don't play that game anymore.

I'm not afraid of her and she's not afraid of me

The real question is, "WHY are you afraid of your wife?"

It's not you vs her, it's you and her vs the world. If you're scared of her, get out of the relationship now.

I'm not really afraid of my wife.

But woman in general seem to have the affliction of becoming angry for no known reason whatsoever. And that is scary.

Nope. Not after the Living Hell that were my first tow marriages. This one is a freekin' Saint, comparatively.

This is a very strange thread indeed.

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.