Miscellaneous Rumbles

App for band posters

Anyone have a good app for making band posters? I have been making them the old school way and realize it could be a lot easier if I had an app to generate them.

I see posters that other bands create for their gigs and I wonder at what expense in time and money that those are being made. It would be great if there were a simple way to do it.

Canva.com It's drag and drop to add artwork and there's a few easy to use edit functions that allow for customization. Also free. I've done tons of actual posters on there, but the cool thing is, the site let's you pick a format, such as paper size (8.5x11 or 11x17) but it also has "Facebook" post size, or many other common online sizes for web use.

I use picmonkey. It's really a photo editor, but there's a wide variety of fonts you can use with images you can insert, and makes it pretty easy to make posters.

I usually just use microsoft Publisher. Pretty easy.

I’ve made many on my phone using the app Phonto. I can then email them to Kinkos for printing. Then go by and pic them up.

I use picmonkey. It's really a photo editor, but there's a wide variety of fonts you can use with images you can insert, and makes it pretty easy to make posters.

– crowbone

Crowbone, Thanks for this recommendation.
I downloaded the app and it's perfect for what I do. I was using a legacy Photoshop app but it hadn't been updated in almost a year and iOS wouldn't support using it. PicMonkey fits the bill perfectly. U D Man!

Register Sign in to join the conversation