Miscellaneous Rumbles

Anyone Remember a Short-lived Gretsch Forum?

Proteus made a joke in the Gretsch-Talk thread about someone starting another Gretsch forum. I remember there was a short-lived one that Mike Peterson (Jukebox) - longtime member here and moderator on Gretsch-Talk plus founder of the Minnesota Gretsch Get Togethers - was involved with it somehow, although he didn't own the site. I remember visiting a few times. There were few posts and even fewer members. Maybe 2010ish?

Does anyone remember what it was called and who ran it?

I remember that it existed. I think I looked at it once. As I recall, Mike wasn't officially the "webmaster" - not the tech guy - but was kinda the doorman and host.

There is this Fender related site, which is slightly active but I don't think it's the one I'm thinking of. It goes back to at least 2006 and I see dbirchett, RepentorPerish, JHall as posters in the past.

http://www.fenderforum.com/...

There have been several that have come and gone over the years. I do recall the one you're talking about.

There was a forum on the Gretsch Guitars website at one time. I think that Tartan Phantom used to post there a bit. But, the site was filled with spam and no one ever seemed to use it. Eventually, Gretsch took it off their website.

Now, the real question is do you recall, good doctor, that there was a short-lived IRC board that someone created for Gretsch guitars?

There was a forum on the Gretsch Guitars website at one time. I think that Tartan Phantom used to post there a bit. But, the site was filled with spam and no one ever seemed to use it. Eventually, Gretsch took it off their website.

Now, the real question is do you recall, good doctor, that there was a short-lived IRC board that someone created for Gretsch guitars?

– Ric12string

Bob - the IRC channel probably would have been before my time, as I didn't discover Gretsches until about ten years ago.

– Ric12string

I guess facebook took over what Gretsch did with the "Show yourself with your Gretsch" part of that, where Gretsch owners would post pics of their beauties, posed, or being played.

That was the really cool thing I miss from there.

I remember seeing Zuma among those photos, CB. I think that DrGretsch may have been among them as well.

The man that ran site was Tim Pletcher & I don't recall if the site had a Gretsch related name but it was part of geargoogle.com the site was over run by Russian hackers selling sneakers and knockoff Ray Bans. I seem to recall one of the hackers went by Trumpski if I remember correctly.

Register Sign in to join the conversation