Miscellaneous Rumbles

Anybody here like castles?

My Mum's Mum worked at Leeds Castle as a Nanny during the early days of WW2. The majority of the ground floor have ebony planks as flooring, it's a fantastic place.

– Mr Tubs

I lived in Leeds village for a year whilst at Maidstone art college. Nice part of my youth, gobbling magic mushrooms and sneaking around the castle in search of wizards and dragons

Allemagne en Provence. South of France. My running joke as my wife and I drove from Village to Village was look honey another castle and church.

Here be my castle, all ruined as it is. Nice to have a place to wander around whilst avoiding fellow humans in these crazy times

That'd be a bit of a "fixer-upper" wouldn't it? Roof needs attention.

Wow, Amazing pics, guys. Foxy--awesome that you live streamed the vid!

I'll try to find some of the Czech and Slovak castles I visited. Those were incredible.

K

I like seeing al the pictures!! Would love to see the Czech and Slovak castles too. Never been there.

In Schwangau, Germany there are two castles too. Only one is open to visit. We kinda fell in love with the area. Awesome nature and villages.

Burg Eltz - Wierschem, Germany:

In the Mosel area of Germany we found a few nice castles.

The Reichsburg in Cochem is restaurated pretty well.

Here in New Jersey, we have one castle that matters...

Wow. Phenomenal pics.

I know our life expectancies would be short, but it would have still been wild to live in those days.

(Okay, not as a peasant, but...)

K

Wow. Phenomenal pics.

I know our life expectancies would be short, but it would have still been wild to live in those days.

(Okay, not as a peasant, but...)

K

– Konrad

Yes, would be fun to be queen for a day in my own medieval castle and reign! Haha. Since the noble also got killed regularly, I'd prefer a tax collection day or even better, a festivity - not decapitation day or whatever.

Here in New Jersey, we have one castle that matters...

– crowbone

The WC burger joints are locally known as Wipe Castles.

– wabash slim

And serve "Rat Burgers"!

– wabash slim

Oh yes but were a staple of our diets back in the days of our youth

This is a visual memory, but back in 72, I was a young stagehand for the Harkness ballet. We did a show in the town square of Rijeka ,Yugoslavia. The lighting director uplit the dancers , so that their shadows played out on all of the 12th century walls of the Town Square. It was an unforgettable experience. Wish I had a cell phone camera back then.

found one more. St. Jean de Bueges

Oh yes but were a staple of our diets back in the days of our youth

– LarryR

I've eaten at White Castle twice. 2nd time I was drunk. Paid dearly for it both times. That's when I became convinced that I should avoid onion at all costs. When I was a kid, there was a similar competitor called White Tower. It's burgers were just as small, but round, and weren't cooked with the evil onion. We had a one-off local dive that still had dime burgers---11 for a buck on Tuesdays. The place we'd go to for cheap eats at 3AM after a gig was G&H (colloquially known as Gag and Heave).

found one more. St. Jean de Bueges

– LarryR

What a pretty place!!

Warwick Castle , finest medieval castle in England !

Kenilworth Castle , Oliver Cromwell knocked about a bit !

Dragonstone is pretty cool, but I've never actually been to it.

Dragonstone is pretty cool, but I've never actually been to it.

– Afire

Whoaaaaaa!!!! That looks like a castle I want to visit...

This is Schloss Waldeck located at lake Edersee in Sauerland, Germany. We took the photo from the lake.

Burg Monschau in the Eifel, also Germany.

Burg Eltz - Wierschem, Germany:

In the Mosel area of Germany we found a few nice castles.

The Reichsburg in Cochem is restaurated pretty well.

– Foxy

Mention castles once and she goes berserk with pictures, haha!

Register Sign in to join the conversation