Miscellaneous Rumbles

anybody heard from Mitch Crane?

Remember Mitch? from the band Sneaker.. used to be real active here. Well a lot of people used to be real active here but you know what I mean. I was wondering how he's doin.

My recollection is that he had to give up guitar playing because of problems with his hands. I don't recall seeing him "here" for a long time.

My recollection is that he had to give up guitar playing because of problems with his hands. I don't recall seeing him "here" for a long time.

– senojnad

It's my understanding Mitch retired to Arizona to be near his son & family. About a year ago he shared with me that arthritis had been setting into his hands which made it difficult to play. Anyway, basically he just stopped playing.

As you may probably already know, Mitch and I were in a band together when we were kids. At the time I was 12 and Mitch 14. When I joined the band as "rhythm" guitarist, Mitch was already a brilliant guitarist/musician. His skill level was miles above anyone I had jammed with prior. His success with SNEAKER didn't surprise me. Mitch is one bad mofo!

I bought a ribbon mic from him when he was letting some gear go. Very sad for such a great player when he can no longer play to his own musical satisfaction. I hope he’s finding other fun to have. Seems a stellar feller.

I hope my skills will fade along with my memory, and both slowly enough I won’t realize how bad I’ve gotten. (Could be I’m already there.)

L to R: Leroy Hilton, Randy Rae, yours truly, Mitch Crane

– Joe Carducci/Gretsch Guitars

Nice Burns Mitch has there! Double Six?

Must have been a Hank Marvin inspired axe. Very cool!

Looking good, Joe. I was 12 in my first band. Mitch and I had quite a lot of correspondence a few years back. He really is a great player. I sure hate to see him not be able to do what he was so good at.

L to R: Leroy Hilton, Randy Rae, yours truly, Mitch Crane

– Joe Carducci/Gretsch Guitars

wow I didnt know you guys had history and this picture by the way is solid gold!! Can I share it on the #gretschmafia page, Joe? I really appreciated Mitch here on the forum and its aweful that he had to let his playing go on sabbatical for his health. Sure would like to know if he is in good spirits and/or if we might bring him some GDP cheer or general nonsense.

Register Sign in to join the conversation