Vintage Gretsch Guitars

58 6120 “Brian Setzer Owned” Scam Alert

No Affiliation Whatsoever With Seller

This just screams ebay scam.

Actually, I sold Brian Setzer a 1958 6120 with unsculpted pickup surrounds, a brass string nut, and blank faced filtertrons, along with a cowboy case and a "ruby jewelled" guitar strap in 1992. BOY! Do I wish I had that guitar back! It was the nicest neck on any Gretsch of that era I had ever played. The neck profile was VERY similar to that of a Super Axe

This just screams SCAM! I'd never deal with an overseas dealer. No recourse, no way to return it if there's an issue. Caveat Emptor!

I looked into this, and I really wonder how ebay can even have him on the site when his whole business takes place...OFF OF EBAY!

So, I clicked the buy it now button, which takes you to some other site where you put your shipping information, etc down.

Today I get an "invoice" from this guy, and it's just a hokey beginners HTML page that says ebay on it, and wants you to send money to some third party site, not Paypal.

They ebay listing says it's in Warrington, Pa. which is close enough to me that I send a request to ride out there and pick the guitar up directly as I'd rather not risk shipping...this is where he loses things in translation, and tells me he's in England, or he might be in France(He's not sure?). and only ships from Warrington.

Does this seem like a watch with too many moving parts?

I looked into this, and I really wonder how ebay can even have him on the site when his whole business takes place...OFF OF EBAY!

So, I clicked the buy it now button, which takes you to some other site where you put your shipping information, etc down.

Today I get an "invoice" from this guy, and it's just a hokey beginners HTML page that says ebay on it, and wants you to send money to some third party site, not Paypal.

They ebay listing says it's in Warrington, Pa. which is close enough to me that I send a request to ride out there and pick the guitar up directly as I'd rather not risk shipping...this is where he loses things in translation, and tells me he's in England, or he might be in France(He's not sure?). and only ships from Warrington.

Does this seem like a watch with too many moving parts?

– crowbone

Then he certainly needs to be reported to ebay.

Register Sign in to join the conversation