Miscellaneous Rumbles

Anybody gigging with gear that’s supposed to suck?

I've had 2 sub $100 guitars that were gig staples. A $99 Epiphone Special 1 pickup I bought at Sam Goody (remember record stores?) that was the backup to my SG for the metal/punk bands I played with. The other is a Squier Affinity butterscotch tele I bought used for $75. That is my main backup for anything I do now. I swapped the pups and pots, but it's one of the best playing guitars I've owned, and I've had quite a few. Hell, I left that thing under the seat of my truck for over a year in WI and it was close to in tune when I pulled it out. Awesome guitar. That one is a lifer. I sold it once, and bought it back. Sometimes I miss that cheap Epi, but in the end I came out way ahead on a string of craigslist trades that started with that thing.

Behringer gear is good until it isn't, but even if you buy 3 or 4 over the years, you're still saving money. I've used a ton of their audio stuff. Not my first choice, but if you need something fast and cheap it's perfect. I've got 4 powered 10" monitors that have been bulletproof.

Hell, I left that thing under the seat of my truck for over a year in WI and it was close to in tune when I pulled it out.

That's a tele for you

Nobody's gigging....there's a pandemic!

Register Sign in to join the conversation