Miscellaneous Rumbles

Any drummers out there?

Just wondering if there are any other drummers out there, and if you've had a chance to bang around on one of these Gretsch two-tone Renoun sets. I'm really in love with the look. Thinking about pulling the trigger. Thoughts?

They look and sound great.

I'm no drummer, but I have drums in the studio and rehearsal space.

I think those are great. I thought about selling my kit to get one of those when I first saw/played these. So cool!

They make me think of a '57 Chevy for some reason.

I've liked that kit since it first came out! I'm not a drummer, but I'd love to own a set too!

I've liked that kit since it first came out! I'm not a drummer, but I'd love to own a set too!

– Metman

It would match your car!

I'm a drummer. I've tried them. They are very nice. Pretty good value. too.

I've heard some demos with the batter heads, playing jazzy stuff and they do sound great. Just curious if they sound as good with hydraulics for rock.

They would go great with one of these!

I have this set and they are great! However, it's been set up in a friend's studio for the last couple of years and I haven't been able to play them very much. I regularly gig as a drummer but my main gigging set is a 1970s Ludwig silver sparkle set. It's easier for me to control the volume on the Ludwigs in the small bars and clubs I usually play.

Even though I'm happy with them I may be prompted to sell them if I get a good offer.

Well I used to be a drummer, but since I havent played or practiced regularly in over 5 years im more of a well informed spectator on the subject. Gretsch makes pretty good drums, but,( like their fellow guitar brand), they have mediocre entry level stuff,but when you increase your monetary investment the quality of the kit goes through the roof.

I tried out a few Gretsch kits in various price ranges and the difference was nite and day. I almost picked up a very good Used Gretsch Renown kit at the Cerritos GC last year in the hopes that it might resurrect my interest in playing again, The kit was of very good quality ,sounded very deep and the tone left me with a pretty wide grin even with the well worn heads,, but I ended up buying a new rifle instead.

My advice,,Buy it Brother!

I have this set and they are great! However, it's been set up in a friend's studio for the last couple of years and I haven't been able to play them very much. I regularly gig as a drummer but my main gigging set is a 1970s Ludwig silver sparkle set. It's easier for me to control the volume on the Ludwigs in the small bars and clubs I usually play.

Even though I'm happy with them I may be prompted to sell them if I get a good offer.

– BuddyHollywood

Is it weird to quote your own post? Oh well.

I played drums at a gig last night at a new venue called Holiday in Costa Mesa, CA. They liked us and want us to come back. I realized after the first song that my Gretsch drums will be a better kit in this venue than my Ludwigs. It appears I'll be keeping them after all. Now I have to retrieve them from my friend's studio. I'm excited at the opportunity to play them again!

I remember when I first saw these at a NAMM show a few years ago when they first came out that I felt like a little kid just staring at them with my jaw wide open.

Register Sign in to join the conversation