Miscellaneous Rumbles

Annual Xmas Giveaway Thread

I was starting to feel like a shmuck because I had offered up a free pickup, but then couldn’t find it to ship to the person who wanted it. Today I found it so it’ll be going out tomorrow.

And in the process, I found another Fidelitron, so I guess I have two of them, and they must be a set because I’ve only ever removed two Fidelitrons, and it was at the same time, from the same guitar. So if anyone wants a set of Fidelitrons, the price is the same ($0.00).

– giffenf

No problem Frank - thank you for sending the pickup along. I’m grateful for your generosity!

Way behind schedule but the cookies are in the oven.

– UncleGrumpy

I think the mailman ate my cookies!

Bastard!

Because the holidays are really not over (my Russian gf informs me that Eastern Orthdox Xmas is Jan 7), I will also offer these items. Unfortunately, I don't have a Russian Big Muff to offer...

The Vox Amp-plug thing has fairly noisy dials, but someone might have fun messing around with it. You can plug it into your guitar and plug headphones into it.

The Dano Fab OD is hard to tame, but it's not a bad OD. Pretty nasty and dirty. I used to like combining it with my Blues Driver when I wanted to get really sonically obnoxious. But now I have a Big Muff Pi that fits that bill.

The Dano Reverb is really more like a slapback pedal.

Any takers?

Thanks Jimbodiddley for keeping the Christmas spirit rolling past the new year! Bumping this thread for someone who might want to take JD up on his generosity!

I'd give that Vox amplug a whirl. I can offer up a modern Fender two-button footswitch for the current line of amps.

I think the mailman ate my cookies!

Bastard!

– crowbone

I think the mailman ate my cookies as well.

I'd give that Vox amplug a whirl. I can offer up a modern Fender two-button footswitch for the current line of amps.

– JBGretschGuy

It's yours JB. PM me your deets.

Post Xmas Goodies!

We were away for the holidays, so I’m just now getting these up. What we have are:

A brand new, never opened Fender Clip-On Tuner which even comes with a battery!

The Wrecking Crew, which is a fabulous read about how records were made in the 60’s, who played on them all, and featuring some of your favorites, like Glen Campbell, Hal Blaine, Carol Kaye, Phil Spector, and many others.

A TC Electronics Ditto Looper. This is a clever way to create your own backing tracks, create rhythm parts on the fly, etc. It works perfectly, and the manual is downloadable from the TC Electronics website. It does require an AC adapter, which is not included.

A very cool keychain from the good folks in Tutweiler, Mississippi. This keychain came from a donation made a few years ago to the community center in Tutweiler, which is a very poor Mississippi town. The community center provides all kinds of services to folks living there, including a pretty cool youth music education program based on learning to play the blues. You know you want this one.

Lastly, a one of a kind string of Stratocaster Xmas lights. I know they aren’t Gretsch, but from a distance, know one will know! All lights work, and there’s even one spare light included.

PM me if you can’t resist these items. First come, first served of course!

Here are the other items!

Hoot Owl, I'd love the Ditto, if it's still available.

Well heck, I'll have The Wrecking Crew book.

Also, you kinda undersell the significance of Tutwiler. Wife and I visited there in 200...geez, something...and from the remains of the train stop (now just a shelter), enjoyed the historical mural painted on the back walls of a row of cement block buildings downtown (which back up against the tracks, of course.

It was about dusk on a Friday night, and the whole downtown came alive with people out walking around (though there's nothing much for them to do), at least one person in each couple or group holding the neck of a bottle of something hidden in a paper sack...

Here's what wiki has to say about the history I was fixin' to recount:

This is the site where W. C. Handy reportedly "discovered" the blues in 1903, on a train platform in the town. Handy had heard something akin to the blues as early as 1892, but it was while waiting for an overdue train to Memphis that he heard an itinerant bluesman (legend says it was a local field hand named Henry Sloan). The man was playing slide guitar and singing about "goin' where the Southern cross the Dog", referring to the junction of the Southern Railway and Yazoo and Mississippi Valley Railroad farther south. (The Y&D railroad was locally called the "Yellow Dog"). Handy called it "the weirdest music I had ever heard". A Mississippi Blues Trail marker honoring Handy was erected at the site on November 25, 2009. Tutwiler was also the childhood home of bluesmen John Lee Hooker and Frank Stokes.

Handy and his family lived there for six years. In 1903, while waiting for a train in Tutwiler, in the Mississippi Delta, Handy had the following experience:

A lean loose-jointed Negro had commenced plunking a guitar beside me while I slept ... As he played, he pressed a knife on the strings of the guitar in a manner popularized by Hawaiian guitarists who used steel bars. ... The singer repeated the line three times, accompanying himself on the guitar with the weirdest music I had ever heard.

The keychain is hardly a relic of that era, but it's pretty cool as a constant reminder of the ground from which so much of our music rose - not to mention a telling artifact of how one backwater Delta town tries to keep itself alive over 100 years later.

The book is yours Proteus! Send me your mailing info. You will love the book!

Thanks for the info on Tutwiler. They do really work hard to give the youth something to do that's constructive.

Damn, I'm too slow. I've been thinking of getting a Ditto looper. Oh well.

Powdog's givaway arrived today.

All that I can say is thanks and WOW. I have to play it some more and I'll share some details later.

This is just an awesome gesture of sharing.

Powdog's givaway arrived today.

All that I can say is thanks and WOW. I have to play it some more and I'll share some details later.

This is just an awesome gesture of sharing.

– J(ust an old Cowboy)D

Wow, look at that flame!

Wow, look at that flame!

– Mark Nason

And it sounds even better than it looks.

This head is just crazy GOOD with tone.

I was starting to feel like a shmuck because I had offered up a free pickup, but then couldn’t find it to ship to the person who wanted it. Today I found it so it’ll be going out tomorrow.

And in the process, I found another Fidelitron, so I guess I have two of them, and they must be a set because I’ve only ever removed two Fidelitrons, and it was at the same time, from the same guitar. So if anyone wants a set of Fidelitrons, the price is the same ($0.00).

– giffenf

Hi Frank, do you still have the Fidelitrons?

COOKIES! Just when I thought I was out of cookies! Thanks, John, you make a hellava good cookie!

Kevin, I would love to have those stickers.

– NJBob

Hey Bob- Did the postman ring???

Jus' checkin' in

Got my cookies today! Thanks, John!

Hey Bob- Did the postman ring???

Jus' checkin' in

– Kevin Frye

Hi Kevin, I received it this weekend. Thanks!

Now I need to figure out 1. What to put them on and 2. What to reciprocate with on the giveaway thread.

And what upon the door I see, but a cookie box, right from Grumpy!

Thank you, Cookie Fairy!

Hey Dave! I got the Ditto. Thanks. Already having fun with it.

Oh my goodness, Santa brought more goodies today! Thanks Uncle Grumpy for the awesome calendar and some of the best cookies I have ever had! You are an awesome person, sir!

Anybody interested in the tuner, Christmas lights, and keychain that no one has claimed yet? Individually, they are free, and if you want them all, the price is free too! But wait there's more! Order now and I'll include a little something extra ("lagniappe" in Cajun terms!).

Register Sign in to join the conversation