Miscellaneous Rumbles

an attempt to explain

Thanks all for thoughtful comments, if I think about it there has not been a single one that a person has not put thought into. Although a knee jerk reaction still dose take at least a split second of inane thought to accomplish. Thank you all,

so I have to go away again for what they say will be at least three weeks but more likely be the better part of a month and a half and I’m pretty sure I’ll be in a hard way to communicate. If plans stay the way they are I’ll leave for NYC (only the greatest city on the planet) yeah I’m just a small part biased, all you borough, north jersey, island guys can chime in now! tomorrow, I should be checked in by four pm.

I want to warn everyone I’m going to leave a post tomorrow before I leave that I hope will make folk think.

I am at best basically a total idiot. But I’m pretty sure, No I’m absolutely sure that. Love ,integrity ,respect Can and should make us whole.

Hate and fear will rip this whole planet apart at its seams.

I’m going to give myself time now to figure my next post. I do not have the capacity or capability to express myself like folk like 407 or Proteus (Prote, the sea god) the smurfer lives almost as far away from an ocean as a man can get, bet you can’t hit a Great Lake with a stone, I kid you P. all tongue in cheek.

I’m sure what I’m going to say is going to rile a bunch of folk, just bear with it and stop your knee and think it through.

I've usually lived within 50 miles of the Ohio River, so there's some legit river rat in me. I do love the ocean, and wish I lived nearer one - preferably in Nova Scotia, on a high bluff overlooking the Atlantic. I prefer the sea to the Great Lakes, which are big enough they almost look and behave like oceans...but aren't. They're poseurs. Where I live the only water features are the slow, lazy, stream-like Patoka river and its associated man-made lake (which hardly count) and the mosquito-breeding puddles that form around the place when we have Too Much Rain.

Hoping for good results for you, and looking forward to your tomorrowpost. I think you express yourself pretty well. Your heart and soul come through.

Shucks, having just emerged from the dark times m'self, I find empathy an easy emotion to locate!

So I'll read yer comments one, two, three times, before considering a response, which, being a very shallow individual as I am when it comes to matters of the heart, will likely be rather brief and limited. But heartfelt nonetheless!

anyway.....

Time to line up the rabbits feet and talismans and various good luck charms and Kleenex and be standing by with my favorite Witch Doctor on retainer and on call!

Just woke up. 407 no need for Kleenex at all. I’ll be alive in two months. If anything I’m a mean nasty weed that just won’t die easy. I can see the tree line at the end of the lane I’m walking on and such is our lives. I speak of horizons and the end of my lane is not that at all I hope just the next step a man can take. The only thing is all the things you could have done while you walked down that particular lane and wish you could have done over again. That, and the hurt and anguish a man leaves behind him. That is the weight of the world you got to carry on your shoulders across the next line. With age I have found a different well of fortitude and I hope it gets me across river. Not to sure I’ll be able to let anyone know.

No big post today things do change. my suger, my blog is up around 900 This morning it’s gwhy I was supposed to go down th the city in the first place. I think I’m on my way to saint maths and most probably be transferred to Albany mimed.

Hears the only thing to say.

Hate and fear will rip us apart.

Love

I for one am glad to see Chrisbo back. I always find him entertaining and friendly. That said I am not one for math, was never going to totally get the last half of his post.

Yeah lighten up folks, he's had a really tough time.

Couldn't be more pleased than to hear things are looking better than they could have been this morning, even though 900 is a pretty darned scary number.

Especially glad to hear that Kleenex aren't required since the cat knocked the box behind the wife's chair and I gotta do some uncomfortable gymnastics to try to retrieve it!

And yeah, hate and fear are to be avoided fer sure. Seems like they are learned emotions and maybe things will change and we can un-learn them soon.

Thoughts and prayers and talismans and rabbits feet and witch doctors still on retainer though, just in case!

I've usually lived within 50 miles of the Ohio River, so there's some legit river rat in me. I do love the ocean, and wish I lived nearer one - preferably in Nova Scotia, on a high bluff overlooking the Atlantic. I prefer the sea to the Great Lakes, which are big enough they almost look and behave like oceans...but aren't. They're poseurs. Where I live the only water features are the slow, lazy, stream-like Patoka river and its associated man-made lake (which hardly count) and the mosquito-breeding puddles that form around the place when we have Too Much Rain.

Hoping for good results for you, and looking forward to your tomorrowpost. I think you express yourself pretty well. Your heart and soul come through.

– Proteus

Heeyyyy!! Don't you badmouth my Great Lakes! I grew up less than a mile from Lake Michigan, and not only is it like an inland sea, but when the storms come rolling in, you DON'T want to be out on The Lake. It may not have mega rollers like an ocean, but 6 to 10 foot choppy waves are nothing to sneeze at either. Oh yeah, just like down in Flortida, we do get waterspouts on the Great Lakes occasionally (they look really weird).

Hi Chrisbo. Longtime no see. I feel for you. Your problems make the vast majority of ours look like a walk in the park by comparison.

Heeyyyy!! Don't you badmouth my Great Lakes! I grew up less than a mile from Lake Michigan, and not only is it like an inland sea, but when the storms come rolling in, you DON'T want to be out on The Lake. It may not have mega rollers like an ocean, but 6 to 10 foot choppy waves are nothing to sneeze at either. Oh yeah, just like down in Flortida, we do get waterspouts on the Great Lakes occasionally (they look really weird).

Hi Chrisbo. Longtime no see. I feel for you. Your problems make the vast majority of ours look like a walk in the park by comparison.

– EllenGtrGrl

I grew up near Lake Michigan, tho not as close as you. The Lakes are an inland sea, and have thousands of shipwrecks in them, as the waves come closer together. Cue up the Gordon Lightfoot classic, "Wreck of the Emond Fitzgerald". Seeing a storm on the lakes is awe inspiring. Don't forget the wonderful lake effect snows! Unlike the rivers, the water isn't brown, and can handle large ocean-going ships. They don't call it the Third Coast for nothing!

Register Sign in to join the conversation