Miscellaneous Rumbles

an attempt to explain

so after a few phone calls from folks that have my # I guess I should explain. I went through total renal failure I've been diagnosed with IGA nephropathy or more commonly called Bergers Disease on top of a relatively aggressive pancreatic cancer Ive spent the better part of three years in hospital in induced coma and real comatose nature and when I came home I was horribly addicted to morphine, that's what they keep a constant flow through your veins to make you a reasonable corpse so it aint hard to take care of you. That and a bunch of prescriptions for oxy and other opiates. I have to tell you all THAT WAS SMURFED UP, I did not have a monkey on my back it was a full grown silver back gorilla that was eating its way through my neck to smurf my brain. I grow my own pot and Vicky cooks it for me. It is a real crime that it is not legal, I can not imagine the pain that cancer victims live with every day of their waking lives, smurf it its hard to sleep. So Im back in a way. On another completely different note I'm about to be published for one of my equations it is being proved out by a professor at Melbourne as we speak. I have, in my stuper, come up with a new irational # that can be plugged in like pi. All that circular math has always been a noodle anyway, that italian guy with the spriles. That dude did not come from this planet. So I know that truth is actually mathematical, it is the only thing that can prove itself. God and all religion comes from the mouth of man. It is absolutely polluted as soon as it passes the lips of man. That said. I have been called a misogynistic ass hole so many times before on these pages. So for all you tight panted metrosexuals with no scope to view the world from, with work shirts and useless beards, an irrational # is known as a woman's number not necessarily because it's irrational, well all woman are, but because its unsolvable. If a person can solve a woman than that person deserves all the prizes they can be awarded.

Welcome back, chrisbo, I'm saddened to hear about your health problems. I know how difficult chronic health issues and extreme morphine dependancy can be, and I wish you all the best. I hope you can regain lost ground and fully recover.

Welcome back chrisbo, nice to see you posting again. Sounds like you’ve been through the mill a time or two, I wish you well for a speedy recovery.

And congrats on the maths paper, all those drugs must’ve cleared you mind of all the crap that we all spend all day thinking about and let you think some purity .

so why collapsed, yup im still a big dick. Did I offend any tight panted metrosexuals

Back again looking for a fight eh?

What I don't understand is that years ago when you said you were dying you did it with such grace and dignity that you had enormous respect from just about everyone I know.

Why pick a fight, why not go back to that other person?

You begin your post with details that make my heart hurt for your health situation,...and, you end by denigrating people.

"...and, in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

"You get what you give"

"What goes around, comes around"

Why piss me off? I have only had love in my heart, I find it hard to to use any energy at all to hate. Thats really stupid. Yet I get labeled. The things that I guess the things I hate are things like hating people for being born with a lighter shade of pale or a darker shade of pale then me. And I can not stand folk that put on airs. We will all die with the face we deserve.

im a bit loopy yet. I actually find it hard to communicate in my native language anymore. Really just find the exact words to honestly describe what your love is for your offspring or your wife, it can not be done. Shakespeare could not really find words for it.

Well, that was a lot of development while I responded to the original post.

You begin your post with details that make my heart hurt for your health situation,...and, you end by denigrating people.

Well, the indivisible and ancient duality of human nature is sometimes unfiltered, without civilizing (sometimes hypocritical, rarely entirely successful) attempts to reconcile them. Accepting mitigating circumstance, I didn't think the post worthy of voting down, and it seems unfair to collapse it.

If there was nothing to Chris's post but vile bile, maybe. But I didn't take it that way. Some gauntlets are dropped rather than thrown, and in any case we're free not to pick up either.

So...what I was going to say...

Well now, that's a crazy adventure, and thank you for sharing it.

I'm sorry to hear you've been so betrayed by your biological mortality - and its concomitant medical strategies. I understand that many treatment protocols specifically include detox from the addiction which follows on long-term prescribed (and/or custodial) use for pain. I don't know how much it helps the individual to know that a lot of fellow sufferers are in the same boat, but at this point it's veritable ark.

I'm glad to hear you've debarked (or are debarking) and are mo-less back in the land of the living. We've missed you.

Pot pot pot, yep. It is, long-belatedly, getting more legal in more places. (And it's a racist, classist, political/demogogic absurdity - and abuse of power - that it was ever put on "the schedule" in the first place.) I'm glad your crop is helping.

On another completely different note I'm about to be published for one of my equations it is being proved out by a professor at Melbourne as we speak. I have, in my stuper, come up with a new irational # that can be plugged in like pi. All that circular math has always been a noodle anyway, that italian guy with the spriles.

You and Tommy, huh? Sickness can surely take the mind / where minds can't usually go. WIth him it was pinball, with you it's math. (I like your route better.)

I assume your Italian guy is Fibonacci? I guess there are some caveats to the more mystical and divine properties attributed to the sequence he derived (https://www.livescience.com...), but it's hard to contemplate the irrational number the series incorporates and not have cosmic thoughts. Mandelbrot series and fractals are always a deep dive into amazing journeys.

I know that truth is actually mathematical, it is the only thing that can prove itself.

Amen, brother. Physics is built from it, and every other science builds out from that. They are all we may be capable of truly knowing (to the extent we are, either individually or as a species).

Can math and physics treat pain? I don't know, but contemplating their embedding in the nature of reality does distract me from my own, and put it in a perspective that somehow (I think) makes it more tolerable. I do believe the value of human life is bound up in our self-awareness, the ability to contemplate our existence in the order of things. Consciousness beats oblivion.

I have no opinions about religion (or women) - except that neither is ultimately solvable.

Jesus Christ Prot god you do go on and on and on I believe your irrational. That said, glad to see your still amongst us. Thanks for the reply. Yup I’m still gasping air and I’m still the same old prick I’ve always been. If your actually interested in the math I’ll send you the equation. It’s really very short and so obvious that I really can’t understand why I worked it through its worm hole when someone else with a greater perspective of the universe did not get there first. I’m kind of out of words now, me thinks I’d like to do something easier than bandieing words with a guy like you. If you want to play checkers I bet I’ll kick your ass. Love to you and yours.

Jesus Christ Prot god you do go on and on and on I believe your irrational. That said, glad to see your still amongst us. Thanks for the reply. Yup I’m still gasping air and I’m still the same old prick I’ve always been. If your actually interested in the math I’ll send you the equation. It’s really very short and so obvious that I really can’t understand why I worked it through its worm hole when someone else with a greater perspective of the universe did not get there first. I’m kind of out of words now, me thinks I’d like to do something easier than bandieing words with a guy like you. If you want to play checkers I bet I’ll kick your ass. Love to you and yours.

Oh, I can't do math, I just acknowledge its self-evident power and respect it. If I had an aptitude for it, I'd've been an astrophysicist.

And there's no intention to bandy. Just a conversation, saying things I thought of in response to what you said. Ain't arguin'. Love to you and yours as well, and carry on.

Hey Prote, please do go on about humanity as a species, I read over your comment, sorry, I’m sure you have something to say that most likely be reasonabley thoughtful. I worry about our, I guess our situation as a species

Chrisbo,sorry to hear the latest in your long battle. Makes my last two years pale in comparison,and I agree with you concerning pot,it saved my ass. Best of luck to you,may you win a nobel in math!

Ouch! So many things that can go wrong. Hangin' in there requires a really powerful grip.

Really powerful.

Yeah, one day, math and physics will likely fix pain alright, just probably not soon enough. Just about the time something like pilot wave theory meets mature quantum computing I suspect, and we can coerce a few proteins and enzymes and monoamines to go along. Me, the part of pilot wave theory I get along with best is Gespensterfelder. Oh well.

....all those cute little atomic dancing magnets pushing and pulling or ignoring each other in just the right patterns! Great choreography! Bummer when they lose the beat.

Math is a foreign language I never adequately put to music, I guess. Who among us can't, 50 years later, still sing along with every Beatles song we've ever heard? Crazy. Why does every memory we've ever had get corrupted multiple times every decade but the lyrics and tunes and original arrangements survive intact over half a century later? Gotta luv it, but still gotta ask what evolution was telling us we should be doing with it?

Maybe "Genius" is the ability to easily access our personal Juke Box with various other media. I wonder.

Oy.... all I can say is, God Bless you and your family, Chris. Prayers coming your way.

And really... the people collapsing his posts (and now likely, this one), really need to grow up and stop being offended so easily... the guy has aggressive pancreatic cancer, "prick" or no prick, cut the guy a break... all yous peoples who think you have "so much compassion" for the world.... show a little to Chris. Be the "bigger person" you THINK you are.

The only folks who woulda collapsed Chris's first post are those who didn't read it a second time.

His concern for our species is a real one. We're moving from global warming, thru climate change, to global heating. Folks are dying of heat in Malibu.

Malibu!!!!

Our own little pale blue dot in the cosmos is crisping around the edges!

Folks who like to gather information about particular subjects of interest and share that knowledge with their friends, tell us that our species has avoided total thinning of the heard many times in the past, but thanx to the human greed gene, here we are again!

Chris likes math! So does the being who laid down M=E/C2 and gave us the perfect ratios of the forces of nature to, oh, I dunno, maybe 40 or 400 decimal points or so! Slip a digit one point to the left or right and our Universe wouldn't exist as we know it and we wouldn't be here not to know it! EDIT: and for those who believe in a less supreme Creator, or no Creator at all, the math also leads us to an infinite number of multiverses, some capable of supporting life, and others who don't. Flip a coin or choose yer own scenario. Everyone has a seat at the table!

But here we are; happy self aware star stuff with a lovely moon, in just the right orbit, having been given a super nova and colliding neutron stars in our quiet galactic neighborhood to give us just the right ratios of normal and heavy elements to allow intelligent life to evolve on our fragile little planet.

......what'r the odds?

But we have something that our Creator doesn't have. Hands!

We were given hands so we can use our intelligence to create what nature can't! We can do Bose Einstein condensates and space-time crystals! Cool! Really really cool stuff!

So here we are, endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights.....and hands. The ball's in our court.

Be well, Chrisbo. My Dad had pancreas issues, so I can understand what you're going thru. The chemicals will mess you up in more ways than one. I can easily understand why they'd make a guy grumpy. I've got health issues myself, and can commiserate with those who do. But I know you're a fighter and will continue to be one no matter what life hits you with. Be well, my friend.

I was truly sorry to read about the health and SUD issues. It's possible that if I were 20 years younger, I 'd be a tight panted metrosexual in a work shirt and useless beard. But as a middle-aged sad sack who's followed the forum for years, but posts infrequently, I wish you a hearty welcome back. Live long and prosper, Mr. Chrisbo.

so why collapsed, yup im still a big dick. Did I offend any tight panted metrosexuals

– chrisbo

Yes you did offend me on my metrosexual view of life. Manscaping anyone?

Just kidding. Great to see your posts again. I wish you the best of health and positive vibes are on the way.

Considering your current physical state, I can't argue against your dismissal of tight panted metro-sexual's. Glad you're back.

I only wish we, as a human race, could come up with a cure for cancer.

Considering your current physical state, I can't argue against your dismissal of tight panted metro-sexual's. Glad you're back.

I only wish we, as a human race, could come up with a cure for cancer.

– Suprdave

Even if they did come up with a cure, we probably couldn't afford it.

Amen, Wabash. If they could charge a fee for the air we breathe, they would. That's how I felt when the Gov't said they would start a tax on your carbon footprint. Really? How are they going to monitor my personal carbon footprint?

Register Sign in to join the conversation