Miscellaneous Rumbles

Amp Tech Needed

I have a couple of vintage Marshalls that I'm getting ready to sell. I need a trustworthy and qualified amp tech to go through them and make sure they're up to snuff before I put them on the market. I live in Northwest Tennessee and I'm willing to travel a couple hundred miles if necessary to get them to said amp tech. There is no way I'm shipping these things. Do any of you have any recommendations for someone in my "area" ?

I don't have an answer for Tennessee, but in Indianapolis you have Kevin DeVere of Uncle Albert's. As good an amp tech as you could find anywhere. That's close to within 200 miles.

And I guess if I had amps in Tennessee I'd expect I could find someone around Nashville. I'd call Joe Glaser and ask who he recommends.

Thanks Mr. Tim. By the way, I would love to swing by and see your Tru-Arc operation sometime. I'm an old school tool maker.

Kevin/Uncle Albert, the guy Proteus mentioned, is the best I know in my area. It'll be worth the extra miles to get to him. He's a serious Batman fan as well---he donated his (world's largest)collection to the Indy Childrens' Museum.

Well, that operation actually happens in Columbus, OH, at my brother's shop. You'd be terribly disappointed by the Tru-Arcness of my actual abode, but I do have guitars and cars here, and there's a great Mexican restaurant. You're welcome anytime. Depending on schedule, we could motor on to Uncle Albert's too.

Todd Sharp in Nashville has a good reputation, at least with the guy who writes Tone Quest Report.

Tartan Phantom is near the area. He probably has a suggestion. I know a couple of guys here in Evansville,In that are very good. 2hrs 10 min from Nashville.

If needing to talk to someone for advice, Dr Dan Amps on the east coast of Canada appears to be a Marshall guru. His updates in social media are mind boggling. I connected with him once, and he said he LOVES to talk.

Well, that operation actually happens in Columbus, OH, at my brother's shop. You'd be terribly disappointed by the Tru-Arcness of my actual abode, but I do have guitars and cars here, and there's a great Mexican restaurant. You're welcome anytime. Depending on schedule, we could motor on to Uncle Albert's too.

– Proteus

Whaaat? The bridgeworks is in Middle C????

At an undisclosed location. Very hush-hush.

Register Sign in to join the conversation