Miscellaneous Rumbles

Ah jeez, you can tell this is a union shop…

Onlyest thing missin’ is a guy who walks around all day with a rolled up orange extension cord over his shoulder.

Reminds me of the Navy Housing Activity Yokohama. Three Japanese civilian employees show up to fix your screen door...one to do the work, one to carry the repair order for you to sign and one to hold the door open for the other two.

How long since someone said you were cute?

I DO see one guy with a white hard hat, a clipboard, and cell phone to his ear.

So, at least we have proper supervision.

Not nearly enough guys standing around leaning on shovels.

At least you know it will be repaired correctly when it is finished.

Local 13 hard at work! Who is up at the other end holding your nut, while it's being properly dressed?

I notice there are no women or people of color on the crew. Where are the anti-discrimination lawyers??

– Proteus

Hahahahaha!!!!!!

That song has such a great bassline - for what it is - and the guitar lick which breaks up halves of the verses is brilliant. The chord changes are perfectly fine, and the song is well constructed from a craft point of view.

But I always thought half the lyrics, grammatically, say exactly the opposite of what the writer presumably meant:

Is it any wonder I'm not crazy
Is it any wonder I'm sane at all
Is it any wonder I'm not a criminal
Is it any wonder I'm not in jail

Doesn't he mean "it is a wonder I'm not crazy," etc?

Until the last two, which finally get the negatives right:
Is it any wonder I'm not the president
Is it any wonder I'm null and void

And the outfits, hair, gestures, and body language...oh, the inanity. I had to watch it all the way through to be sure it wasn't a parody. I'm still not sure. Could anyone, ever, take Styx seriously?

Styx? You mean Dennis De Young's backup band?

That song has such a great bassline - for what it is - and the guitar lick which breaks up halves of the verses is brilliant. The chord changes are perfectly fine, and the song is well constructed from a craft point of view.

But I always thought half the lyrics, grammatically, say exactly the opposite of what the writer presumably meant:

Is it any wonder I'm not crazy
Is it any wonder I'm sane at all
Is it any wonder I'm not a criminal
Is it any wonder I'm not in jail

Doesn't he mean "it is a wonder I'm not crazy," etc?

Until the last two, which finally get the negatives right:
Is it any wonder I'm not the president
Is it any wonder I'm null and void

And the outfits, hair, gestures, and body language...oh, the inanity. I had to watch it all the way through to be sure it wasn't a parody. I'm still not sure. Could anyone, ever, take Styx seriously?

– Proteus

I never could --- but judging from their record sales, a lot of folks could and did.

As noted curmudgeon H.L. Mencken famously said, "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public." As further evidence, I submit:

White Bread
Lite Beer
McDonald's
Instant Coffee
Boy "Bands"
"Reality" Television

Tell ya what though....

Todd Sucherman is one WICKED drummer!

I'd ask what he was doing in such a lame band, but then I remember it's good to have work.

Register Sign in to join the conversation