Miscellaneous Rumbles

After All These Years…

Finally ordered some TV-HTS, wiring harness and install kit from TV JONES. After a long wait (seemed like months, in reality only 3-4 weeks) for back ordered parts for the harness, I received my package this past Monday. Got it installed, dug out the parts I've had carefully stored for 25+ years, got her strung, and...pure heaven! I haven't played this guitar in all that time, but it's sweeter than ever! She's still in need of work, binding mainly. It's like building a badass hotrod and you keep thinking you should wait until it's 100% finished; then you jump in, fire it up and go cruising around in primered glory because it's just so much fun! I have several other fine guitars, including a Telecaster and a Les Paul. I haven't touched any of the others since Tuesday, so I picked up the Paul tonight. 10 minutes later, I was back on the Tennessean. Each one of my guitars has its own distinct voice and personality, but this one is like the voice of a long lost love. How sweet it is!

This is how she sat for all those years. It's good to have her playable again.

That's great.

Enjoy making up for lost time with her!

Love the color! Looks like Mike Campbell's Clipper before he had it painted.

Great story. Get many years of enjoyment out of it.

I saw the thread topic, opened up and the pic just popped out at me. I took all of it in a second or 2 and the the first thing I thought of was "Oh my!" Nice job Synchroslim!

That's great.

Enjoy making up for lost time with her!

– crowbone

Thanks, Crowbone, I've been doing just that. 9:30, "I'm just going to play for a few minutes, then I'll come to bed, sweetie..." Later: "It's one what!?"

Nice. Enjoy.

– Bob Howard

Thanks, Bob.

Love the color! Looks like Mike Campbell's Clipper before he had it painted.

– hilosean

Thanks, Hilosean. I was kinda debating on changing the color, but it kinda grew on me. I'm thinking a cream binding might look good with it.

Great story. Get many years of enjoyment out of it.

– Baba Joe

Thanks, Baba, the good Lord willing, I will!

This is inspiring!

– BuddyHollywood

Thanks, Buddy. I'm humbled.

I saw the thread topic, opened up and the pic just popped out at me. I took all of it in a second or 2 and the the first thing I thought of was "Oh my!" Nice job Synchroslim!

– NJDevil

Thanks so much, NJDevil. Thanks to all of you fine folks for the wonderful compliments!

When I ordered the harness, I didn't worry about the black plastic switch tips because I just knew I had them in my parts stash. Lo and behold, when I looked for them, they weren't there, so I ordered them from TV Jones, they're scheduled to arrive today.

There's a back story to the resurrection of this guitar: in 1974, I was going through a divorce and had little money and no guitars. My mom bought this for me from Chet Atkins World of Music. I promised her I would always keep it, and so I have. She passed away in 2013, but I can still feel close to her every time I play it. Thanks, mom.

That's great,i love to see these aul geets resurrected!

WOW!! That is a wonderful story!!

Congratulations for (#1) your years of patience and (#2) what surely will be a GREAT guitar that will bring you many years of fun!!

Be proud and be happy!

I just noticed a mistake in my previous post, that should have been Chuck Atkins World of Music; he was a cousin of Chet. I bought a few guitars from him back in the day.

Register Sign in to join the conversation