Miscellaneous Rumbles

After 47-Years…

After 47-years as a dedicated employee, today will be my last day @ FMIC/Gretsch as I plan to retire. Much love, respect, and gratitude to those who supported my efforts through the years.

With no intensions of leaving the planet anytime soon, I do plan to remain a participant on the GDP. - Joe C

Enjoy your well earned retirement, you leave the guitar world in a much better place. Thank You!

Dear Joe, thank you so much for what you have done. It's been such a pleasure meeting you at the Euro Roundup in Witten/Germany. Enjoy your retirement and the time you get on your hands - use it for everyone and everything that you love. It's so well deserved.

Sascha

Joe, Great to hear you are taking some time for you. It was a pleasure meeting you at the Balto-DC-Roundup in 2017.

You have given the Gretsch brand a massive amount of energy in your time in the chair so enjoy your time now, playing guitar and fishing in the sun.

Adam

Best wishes, Joe, enjoy your retirement. You've been a great help and a good friend to the Gretsch community. It's been comforting knowing that you were at the helm, righting the wrongs and smoothing out the wrinkles. I look forward to your continued presence in our little corner of the world wide web. Thank you.... Wade

I wish every company had a “you”. Please write a book about your decades in the instrument industry. Today is the day you get to tune down a half-step, and no one deserves it more.

Congratulations, Joe! And THANK YOU (again) for all the wonderful work you have done with FMIC and for many of us individually!

I wish you all the very best for a very Long, Happy & Healthy Retirement!!

Best wishes for your retirement Joe,well deserved ! I wish corporate America could clone you a thousand times,we need more like you.

Congratulations Joe, this is the best thing that’s happened in 2020!

What a career, what an impact you’ve had on us the Gretsch loyalists. From our view it’s not easy to see someone with your passion and drive retire from a job that seemed to be made just for you but we’re all happy it’s on your terms.

Again, congrats and please enjoy the view, love ya man!

Congratulations, Joe!

What do you plan to do with all that free time now?

Want to start a band?

Dear Joe, this is both sad and happy news. I only got to meet you once (at the ‘11 Nashville Round-Up) and it was a pleasure to do so. Your tireless work with FMIC as the Face Of Gretsch has done wonders for the brand and the company will be all the poorer without you on board.

On the other hand you are now free from the daily grind and Rachel and I wish you a very long, and very happy, retirement.

Three cheers for the biggest heart in the business!

Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray! Hip Hip Horray!

Wow Joe, you will be missed but you definitely deserve it! You were the face of Gretsch for so long and I will cherish the times we got to spend together! You are one of a kind and I hope our paths will cross again sometime soon!

Congrats, Joe! No one deserves a rest more than you for all of your hard work. Thanks for the great times and expert help you have given to our Gretsch family and to me.

Congratulations, Joe!! Envious!!! Enjoy - but don't just rest... just resting kills people! Just find something fun to do besides WORK lol.

I can’t think of anyone who championed a brand better than you did Joe. You have the bona fides, the passion, credibility, the walk and the talk, the chops and you did the work. Your natural openness and generosity sealed the deal. Fender and Gretsch were lucky to have you and so were we.

We hope to see you soon and often. Wishing you fair winds and following seas.

Joe, you are a special guy to me...and probably everyone who’s known you.

Enjoy yourself. You’ve earned it.

Don’t forget to come out and play.

Maybe we'll have another meet in Marana after this covid mess is over.

Enjoy your retirement.

Congratulations, Joe! You've served your company and it's customers well. There are a number of us retired folks on here now, and for me, it's been great! Enjoy this chapter!

Hope to see you sometime in the not too distant future! Ciao!

Congratulations, Joe! You’ve earned it and then some. Your contributions to the brand are epic. Your impact as a human being and a friend on those who have had the pleasure of knowing you are immeasurable. Enjoy some “Joe Time!” Hope to see you somewhere.

Congratulations, Joe! Thanks for all you have done over the years. Enjoy your retirement. Hope to see you around the GDP on a regular, if not daily, basis.

Like others I’m happy, sad, and envious. Happy that after a long career you get to take time for yourself and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Sad because we’re losing the best resource a Gretsch player ever had. And envious since my retirement is still years away.

You’ve made countless friends in the Gretsch community and I only hope that you won’t be a stranger.

Congratulations Joe! Thank you for all your support of the GDP, as well as various other enterprises that some of us have been involved in. Hope you get to spend more time playing guitar. See ya round!

wow. it's hard to know what to say.

first of all, congratulations on your well-deserved retirement. you've been doing yeoman's work ever since that first tour with Fred and the Chet-style guitarist (i saw you in San Jose) and i'm sure the level of stuff you had to deal with must have sometimes been exhausting. now you can have fun time, travel when you want to, and play any time you want.

second, i think i can speak for everyone here when i say that i hope we'll get to see you at some of our gatherings in the future. i've really enjoyed the times we've talked, jammed, and otherwise shared in the fellowship of Gretsch. i miss you.

third, thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you've done with Gretsch. you are one of the main reasons we're here today. the first time i met you in San Jose i waited till everyone else was gone and said "i still can't afford a White Falcon (the guitar i've dreamt of since 4 Way Street) but it's good to know they're there now in case i ever can." i don't know where the brand would be without you, but it probably wouldn't be nearly as successful without your dedication, your ear to the ground, and your genuine love for the instruments. it's a rare thing indeed for anyone to re-float a dead guitar line with the degree of success Gretsch has done, and to sustain and grow it rather then being merely a marque like the current "D'Angelico" line. and you drove that. it's a remarkable accomplishment, and other than Mike Lewis there's nobody else who gets to claim that credit.

whenever i post to you i always say "i love you," and i don't mean that lightly. don't be a stranger now, and thanks for all the fish.

Woke up this morning and the first words Karolyn said to me were "Joe Retired".

So happy for you Joe but like Deke, It's mixed with sadness. I feel like 2020 robbed me of the last chance to have a Roundup with Joe. I'll miss our moments together on the overhang and just general time together at these events. You've done everything you could ever do to make all of us feel so welcome at all of these events and I can't imagine anybody doing a better job.

Keep in touch brother. Love the new avatar.

Register Sign in to join the conversation