Miscellaneous Rumbles

Advice on grill cloth glue.

SO, as long as I have time on my hands i decided to do something with my mid 60s Harmony H410s grill cloth, really bad stains from long ago. I have it all apart and the old cloth removed, new cloth by the weekend. NOW, I have researched glues to put said cloth back on, and what I have accomplished is utter confusion! Any input to what would be the best glue? What have those here used?? Thanks.

I'd figure 3M 77 Spray Glue would do, but there are others. Also, paint the baffle black on the front side so the black circle where the speaker is isn't obvious. You might not even need glue if you staple the cloth on properly. Powdog can probably give you the best advice on this.

I use staples and a stretcher stick thing I made to attach grillecloth, no glue. There are some “how to” vids on YouTube demonstrating a few methods. I can describe my method if you like.

THIS 2-12 grillcloth/baffle was on my '62 Concert for 35 years. Stretched it myself and used carpet tacks instead of staples. When I had a period-correct 4/10 baffle made for the Concert, the old one--with the Utahs-- was just too good to trash so I had another cab made.

I used staples on my Champ. It was kind of hard to stretch it nicely. I think I had to redo it to get it right, but then I had no clue what I was doing. Turned out great though, eventually.

Like most things, there are a few tricks.

I use staples and a stretcher stick thing I made to attach grillecloth, no glue. There are some “how to” vids on YouTube demonstrating a few methods. I can describe my method if you like.

– Powdog

That would be great, it had no staples and the original was glued without extending around the edges. It did peal off easy, I was worried about that. One of my mottos is "Nothing ventured, nothing screwed up" I should learn to listen to myself!

Register Sign in to join the conversation