Miscellaneous Rumbles

ABBEY ROAD ON THE RIVER

Every year, Louisville does a salute to the Beatles with a three day convention for Beatles fans on the Galt House Hotel and the surrounding area on the banks of the Ohio River. Gretsch is one of the major sponsors

Joe Carducci arranged for some passes for us and I went to see the "Fred and Joe Show and visit the Gretsch booth while my daughter and son-in-law checked out the grounds and all of the bands that were playing.

Here are some photos taken at the Gretsch booth. The first picture is the miniature CG like George's that the kids bought for me. I used my phone as a reference to its size.

The guitar in the glass case is the #1 prototype of the George Harrison Custom Shop edition.

That looks like a very large booth. Last year, I was under the impression that Joe was set up in a performance area.

Is that a blue FLEA uke that I see, or what I think they may call a "Fluke?" Why is it in the Gretsch area?

That looks like a very large booth. Last year, I was under the impression that Joe was set up in a performance area.

Is that a blue FLEA uke that I see, or what I think they may call a "Fluke?" Why is it in the Gretsch area?

– Ric12string

– Ric12string

Yes it is, and I don't know... but they're really cool. :D

Wow, that's amazing,Steve! Congratulations! I'm really jealous of being near all that George-ness!

And the FG III autograph is uber cool too!

Is that a snazzy new Gretsch T-shirt ya got there?

Wow, that's amazing,Steve! Congratulations! I'm really jealous of being near all that George-ness!

– Joe Sasser

– Joe Hi-LoTron

Thanks Joe. The T-Shirt was the one from the 2011 Nashville Roundup.

I thought it would be cool to get Mr. Gretsch's autograph on the new catalog.

I also had Joe Carducci all to myself for a couple of hours and we enjoyed a great conversation. I really like that guy.

oh wow way Cool Bear ,,,, love the mini CG !!! , would kill for 1 ,,,,,, a guy i buy a lot of guitars from has the 20K Duo Jet , i have been so tempted to buy it , but he did let me hold it for a while to tempt me , but i didnt expect to do what i did ,,,,,,,, i just started to shake and cry ,,, i so miss that man

Cool pics Bear!! That's gotta be better than the bike shows with CC :D

wow ! those are some great pictures, Steve. Joe C sure does get around. he was just in Kansas City last weekend and now he's in Louisville ? and you're right, Joe C is a real nice guy. :D

brent

Cool Beans, Bear! I'm jealous too! I've love to get to meet Joe and Fred in the flesh! The GDP is never done with surprises! I love this place!

That's awesome, Bear!

Cool stuff. I like the 'Fred Gretsch touched by the hand of Bear (almost)' ;-) And you look like you're in good shape. Excellent.

I'm jealous, Bear. You were having too good of a time. Great company with Mr. G and Joe and the atmosphere looked like it couldn't be beat. Love the display and the pictures were top notch. Glad to see you enjoying yourself.

Right on Bear, looks like a good time. I love the mini guitar, if there was a 6120 or 6118 I'd be all over it.

Glad that you got to see the Harrison display Bear.I saw it last year at Sweetwater's gearfest.Joe C. took a picture of Fred and me standing in front of it! And Fred autographed the picture!They are great ambassadors for the company.

Way cool Steve! I've been to a couple of Fred & Joe Shows. They're always great in my book!

Bear, it was just terrific finally getting to meet you after only phone chatting before. Love your photos. I have some too, but they're not as good, as you are not in them! If anyone really wants to have the minis, Russ Lease is a friend with whom I can put you in touch. Fred & Joe ALWAYS wow us with their Show, and this year was no exception. The winners of the prize give away guitars were folks who really truly appreciated that they were GRETSCH Guitars. So, that was terrific to see. Joe said that he's planning to be back with bigger and better things for Abbey Road on the River 2013 in Louisville on Memorial Day Weekend, and 2012 in D.C. over the Labor Day Weekend. I promise if you attend you too will say "An Excellent Time is Guaranteed for All." Thanks, again, Bear for the pics. Best, Olivia Anne oamfuchs@aye.net

Thanks for the pics, Bear. I'm going to try to attend some of the DC show this year.

Bear, I've not posted photos or links to Facebook photos before, but let's see if my photo of the mini G6128T-GH I got populates here:

https://www.facebook.com/ph...

If not, I'll try again when I am back in Louisville from Rocky's Street Sounds Event next week.

Ciao (nod to Rocky), Olivia Anne oamfuchs@aye.net

I sure miss the 'Live Streaming' that Proteus used to do on Ustream..... :|

It's once again time to saddle up for the Abbey Road on the River Festival at the Belvedere in downtown Louisville, Kentucky. The event kicks off on Thursday, May 23, 2013, and runs through the end of Memorial Day, May 27, 2013. There are over 65 live bands from, literally, all over the world on stage from morning until about midnight. Then the real fun starts with all night jams and sing-alongs in the Observatory of The Galt House Hotel and Convention Center next to the Belvedere.

The GreTscH presence always is wonderful. This year promises to be bigger and better than ever--Peter Asher's appearance and a stage are sponsored by GreTscH Guitars.

There always are great "deals" on Great GreTscH Gear and great folks.

If you have the time and inclination, this is an event I promise you will enjoy. Look me up; I'll be the one rockin by the stage directly in front of the BIGGEST speaker!

Abbey Road on the River Home Page

The Lineup

Wonder if they will do AROTR in DC again this year?

Register Sign in to join the conversation