Miscellaneous Rumbles

A very important food question.

Yeah, that's lettuce overkill.

Sandwiches like that are obscene. How do you even begin to get that into your mouth?

Sandwiches like that are obscene. How do you even begin to get that into your mouth?

– wabash slim

I agree. I wouldn't ever eat a sandwich with lettuce.

You can get your jaw to be fixed like a snake so you and unhinge it!

There. I think of everything.

Now, enjoy that heart attack, haha!

Needs more cheese to balance out the lettuce.

And now all I can think of, lust after, drool with animal instinct for is....A bacon cheeseburger!!!

Ditch the lettuce and tomato, 12 oz. burger cooked no more than medium, double bacon and 3 slices of American cheese.

holy crap now I'm jonesing for a cheeseburger, a normal one not a circus freak like that one tho ha ha

Jeez.....if I wanted a salad, I would have ordered a salad!

Maybe the bottom bun, lettuce, and whatever's under the first blanket of bacon.

And c'mon, where's the ONYON?

And c'mon, where's the ONYON? - Proteus

It probably comes with a five gallon bucket of onion rings. Any organization as committed to good nutrition as this one obviously is would never neglect the portion of the Food Pyramid marked "Deep Fried".

The trend on burgers is now a bit of overkill. I can't find a decent burger in Hawaii with out some "pacific rim" hoopla added to it. " Teddy's bigger burgers" out here is great, exactly what you want in a burger, but I have to travel across the island to get one.

If they can think of it, they will put it on a burger and the locals love it, blasphemous heathens, poi, fish, calamari, bak choi, taro leaf, you name it. They think they've created a masterpiece, while it's a pile of yuck...As you can tell, this old Texas boy expat has some problems with Hawaii food...

The trend on burgers is now a bit of overkill. I can't find a decent burger in Hawaii with out some "pacific rim" hoopla added to it. " Teddy's bigger burgers" out here is great, exactly what you want in a burger, but I have to travel across the island to get one.

If they can think of it, they will put it on a burger and the locals love it, blasphemous heathens, poi, fish, calamari, bak choi, taro leaf, you name it. They think they've created a masterpiece, while it's a pile of yuck...As you can tell, this old Texas boy expat has some problems with Hawaii food...

– Parralax View

I'll bet the triple spam burgers are all the rage!

BTW, how many [decent] BBQ rib joints are on the island?

If they can think of it, they will put it on a burger and the locals love it, blasphemous heathens, poi, fish, calamari, bak choi, taro leaf, you name it. They think they've created a masterpiece, while it's a pile of yuck...As you can tell, this old Texas boy expat has some problems with Hawaii food... Parallax View

Karen and I found a decent burger in a joint about two blocks toward the water from the I Palace in Honolulu about four years back.. Can't recall the address, but it was a "trendy-looking" place sharing street-level space with a bank on the way back to the Aloha Tower from the Palace. Most of the rest of the tour group went over to Waikiki, but we just wandered around downtown, got hungry and there it was- so we tried it.

Dunno if it lasted, but it was pretty full when we went it. Paid about $15 each for a steak sandwich and a cheeseburger. Price seemed high to us, but we were in the high-rent district, so...

Oh yeah- they didn't "do" mushrooms. Bacon, yep, but 'shrooms- not on the menu. Go figure.

Seperately- Dave if you're ever on the Island (Vancouver Island, not Oahu), head yerself up to Mrs Rich's in Nanaimo...

Award winning burgers, not only for taste, but for S-I-Z-E... Check out the menu.

https://www.mrsriches.ca/menu

My wife had suggested we were having hamburgers (OK, really turkeyburgers) tonight, along with her killer homade fwent fwies, so this thread was kinda going Pavlovian on me.

I mean, so far as thinking about hamburgers. Honestly, the parody at the top of the page does nothing appetizing for me whatever - and really never would have. But I love a great burger like any other Murkin, and in this health-conscious stage of life, save that appetite for a truly superb burger once a month or so. I mean, real beef - the tburgers are just quite acceptable substitutes in the interim.

But the general idea of hamburgerness was conditioning my appetite tonight.

Got to the kitchen, and she'd changed our minds to stir-fry teriyaki shrimp. Which was fine! But it wasn't hamturkeyburger.

Tomorrow, she says.

The trend of massive burgers isn't as bad as the one where they just put weird combinations together. Mac n cheese? Potato chips? Eggs? I like all of those things, but NOT ON A BURGER!

Then, there are the "Let's see what we can jam into a beer stein and then pile on top" school. That's the opposite of the plate with three peas and a glop of something with a squiggle of an unknown sauce.

I want good food, not modern art.

There’s a famous joint here in Columbus called The Thurman Cafe. It was on the TV show “Man vs. Food”. It was a well-kept secret for quite sometime but since it’s caught on, it’s at least an hour wait to get in the place. Famous for “The Thurmanator” in the pic. Looks crazy but wow, it’s delicious! A LOTTA work though. Also, whole wings so hot that my Indonesian father, a man who could eat hebeneros like popcorn, could only eat one a night with his dinner when I’d bring him home an order of them.

Ditch the lettuce in favor of dandelion greens, or mustard greens, or chard.

There’s a famous joint here in Columbus called The Thurman Cafe. It was on the TV show “Man vs. Food”. It was a well-kept secret for quite sometime but since it’s caught on, it’s at least an hour wait to get in the place. Famous for “The Thurmanator” in the pic. Looks crazy but wow, it’s delicious! A LOTTA work though. Also, whole wings so hot that my Indonesian father, a man who could eat hebeneros like popcorn, could only eat one a night with his dinner when I’d bring him home an order of them.

– tubwompus

A well balanced meal! Just needs a beer.

We have Zesto's in S.Indiana. Think Tasty Freeze. Soft Ice cream and burgers and Dogs.

They had a sister store called Huggys that used to put a Fried onion ring on the burger. I loved those but I agree with wabash. Weird stuff like eggs and such just doesn't do it for me.

Proteus, you need to visit my buddy Doug at the DogHaus in Jasper. Not just a regular hot dog. He makes some great stuff.

Ditch the lettuce in favor of dandelion greens, or mustard greens, or chard.

– Strummerson

(In best 'caveman' voice):

"That not food! That the stuff that food eat!"

Register Sign in to join the conversation