Miscellaneous Rumbles

a distinguished visitor!

Well about once year, Mr. Bob Howard (aka the unofficial Mayor of Parkwood) crosses Wisconsin Ave,(aka Rockville Pike) destination: Casa de BirdMan.

Sometimes it's for a lo-$ deal (this time a lo-end Roland amp) and then on to some catching up on his adventures in (mostly) Gretsch and Guild, and then My Demented Projects come of out the cases, and closets etc, for inspection, and then playing any of the ones in playable condition. A neck just arrived for the Strat body in foreground so The Beat Goes On.

So when the mayhem was over it looked like this. The Roland in question and the polite Gretsch Gadabout amp are seen in rear of pix. BTW 3 of the 4 red guitar bodies were sprayed at the same time.

Yes, this is the mess we left after having our way with those pretty, red things.

Not well seen in this pix is My Future -- the 3/4 Melody Maker.

Garish red ones are fading into the past.

One guy out in CA is hemming/hawing on the Phantom IX but in a few weeks it may be traded in for the kool Mosrite Celebrity Bass. Dudes check it out

https://reverb.com/item/364...

Looks like you guys had a fun time! No matches or lighter fluid, so all's good! Glad you were able to get together.

Mom’s gonna be pissed when she sees the mess you made in the living room.

– Junior Q Man (Ryan M)

well all cleaned up now -- but fun to drag out all the projects at once.

Always nice to see GDP heads being able to get together, even in these weird times.

Lemme tell ya, that little 3/4 Melody Maker is so much fun to play, and the 9 strings are a great idea I had not thought of before, you can definitely do some Byrds on these.

Lemme tell ya, that little 3/4 Melody Maker is so much fun to play, and the 9 strings are a great idea I had not thought of before, you can definitely do some Byrds on these.

– Bob Howard

Yep. the 9 strings were worth doing-- and do have the sound. So each is cool in its own way. -- I had to find out.

So now the quest is on for a single cut 3/4 MM and then maybe the much rarer 3/4 MM with SG body and one with a Proteus-approved Gibson Vibrola. There are a few of interest, but holding off for now. Money, yoiu know how it is.

Lower priority are the hollowbody 3/4 ones -- ES 125T and 140T

Register Sign in to join the conversation