Miscellaneous Rumbles

50 year Band Reunion :)

Come Celebrate the Resurrection of THE COEVILS Formed in 1965 in Carl’s parent’s basement playing the hits of the 60’s like Louie Louie, Gloria, and Wipe out. Now after 50+ years they “put the band back together” for their 50 year reunion and will begin their world tour beginning in North Beach, San Francisco. Come on down, eat dinner, drink, and dance to the sounds of the Stones, Yardbirds, Trogs, Them, and the Righteous Brothers! Make your reservations now as this will sell out! Friday October 13th Peña Pacha Mama's SF Celebrate Friday the 13th with the Coevils Come have dinner and enjoy the music. Featuring: Carl Arnold - Drums and Vocals David Guido - Bass Geoff Stich - Guitar Dan McNamara – Vocals Gary Zimmerman – Guitar, Sax, and vocals PEÑA PACHA MAMA BOLIVIAN RESTAURANT / WINE BAR www.pachamamacenter.org 1630 Powell St., (Near Union) (415) 646-0018 9:00 - 10:30 PM / $12 Cover

That's as cool as it gets.

All original members? I envy that.

The drummer I worked with extensively in several bands in the 70s and 80s died in 2001. My best friend from childhood and long-time bandmate in high school bands died last week. We'd talked about getting one of those bands together again several years ago, but didn't act on it. Now those bands can never have a reunion.

Best of luck with the gig - and make sure you guys have a good time and appreciate each other.

I assume we can expect video?

Thanks, Proteus,

Sorry to hear about your friend passing :(

Condolences!

Time goes by fast, life is precious ,,,

Wll keep you posted, bro ,,,

That outdoor photo reminds me of the ones of Paul and John after meeting at the Woolton Fete. Cool beans, for sure.

Wild Thing, maybe even Psychotic Reaction. I say there should be at least one token Thomas Vox amp on the scene. But a tilt back Bandmaster was also totally badass back then.

But a tilt back Bandmaster was also totally badass back then.

Looks like TWO of 'em, and out front too.

Still got mine.

But a tilt back Bandmaster was also totally badass back then.

Looks like TWO of 'em, and out front too.

Still got mine.

– Proteus

Help me out here.... what is keeping the heads on those bandmasters? Did someone repeal the law of gravity for a while back in the day?

They had chrome-plated steel ears that extended from under the head; the ears had notches in them. The notches fit over big bolts with knurled caps that screwed into receivers in the tops of the cabinet. When tightened, you could turn the amps upside down.

I always thought that they looked cooler to turn the speaker cabinet on the side and place the head on top of that. Put the controls up where you didn't have to bend over to adjust anything.

Not that I ever had one but it was nice to dream.

They had chrome-plated steel ears that extended from under the head; the ears had notches in them. The notches fit over big bolts with knurled caps that screwed into receivers in the tops of the cabinet. When tightened, you could turn the amps upside down.

– Proteus

Ahh, now I get it! I've seen lots of one piece Fenders with tilt-back legs, but I guess I've never run across a 2pce variant.

Thanks

Register Sign in to join the conversation